Country Style Pork Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mr mac

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 19, 2009
Doniphan MO
Without question, these are cut from the shoulder. Simple seasoning and this is the second run on my son's free MB gasser.
1000011730.jpg

1000011733.jpg

1000011732.jpg

1000011734.jpg

1000011731.jpg

More to follow.

What is going on with the bones in the first couple of smoker photos? They look like the backbone??

In the eastern US, it's common to cut and label country ribs from the rib section of the loin.

What is going on with the bones in the first couple of smoker photos? They look like the backbone??

In the eastern US, it's common to cut and label country ribs from the rib section of the loin.
Unsure of where those came from. Those will go to one of the kids. :emoji_wink:

Back in the day when I cut meat for Winn Dixie, 40+ years ago, we always cut CSRs from the 1st 5 ribs of the pork loin...

I got them on the table and was all set to take the pictures and they were gone. I managed to get a picture of one that did manage to survive.

While it looks dry, they were not. They were fork tender and tasty!
1000011738.jpg

1000011739.jpg

I got them on the table and was all set to take the pictures and they were gone. I managed to get a picture of one that did manage to survive.

While it looks dry, they were not. They were fork tender and tasty!View attachment 682938

View attachment 682939
Looks great and if I'd have been there, you wouldn't have any left to take a picture of 😄! Yes, those are what I've always known as true country style ribs. They are cut from the rib end of the pork loin. Never see them around here anymore as they are all cut from the butt now...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky