Colorful Fatty with Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

badmoont2

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 11, 2012
North Arkansas Ozarks
I didn't plan on posting pics of this one, so I didn't take any pics of the construction or smoking. When I sliced it open it looked so nice I had to snap a pic to post. Ingredients: Jimmy Dean Original, parmesan, cream cheese, red bell peppers, bacon. I used a little of my standard pork rub on the filling. I used a non salty rub on the exterior -- Mrs. Dash + paprika. Smoked on a WSM, with hickory as the smoke wood, towards the end of a long chuck roast smoke, I had country ribs going during the early part of the smoke and added this when I pulled the CSR's. Ate a slice hot but most of it was reheated in a skillet with eggs on the side, my favorite breakfast!

PgSmoker64, thanks for asking. I just snapped a few odd pics. Here's the chuckie. I've been using the roasting pan in place of aluminum foil, works good. I strained out the red bell peppers from the au jus before de-fating. Then I pulled the beef and added the peppers and some au jus back, sorry no finished pics. Very tasty!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky