Collecting

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
Thinking that my iron deficiency is slowly correcting itself. I’m on vacation next week so I plan on seasoning all this and using it to make some soup, bread, and cornbread.
0C7DF7DA-438F-42E2-89CF-4EE60C092335.jpeg

A couple of Wagners, some lodges, Ozark Trail, and some just random no-name cast iron.

Do you have any WW pieces with the heat rings?
AnubZK5.jpg

And have you ever come across any of the "Magnalite" cast aluminum by Wagner Ware? Keep your eyes peeled. I have two roasters, but they made a variety of patterns. Magnalite was made from 1934 until 1970, so they are still found at garage sales or on eBay. These are very popular in Cajun country and you can deep fry, make a gumbo, a pot of beans or roast meats in them. I use them on my outdoor stove and for a covered finish on barbecued roasts, especially chuck roasts. They are very easy to keep clean too.
iLWfNl4.jpg
GMAIbgu.jpg

Very nice collection!! I need to get more. I like finding older stuff that nice and smooth inside. I missed a flea market a few weeks ago that had a vendor with a ton of vintage cast iron.

Very nice outstanding for just getting started

Reactions: JLeonard
Do you have any WW pieces with the heat rings?
View attachment 465361

And have you ever come across any of the "Magnalite" cast aluminum by Wagner Ware? Keep your eyes peeled. I have two roasters, but they made a variety of patterns. Magnalite was made from 1934 until 1970, so they are still found at garage sales or on eBay. These are very popular in Cajun country and you can deep fry, make a gumbo, a pot of beans or roast meats in them. I use them on my outdoor stove and for a covered finish on barbecued roasts, especially chuck roasts. They are very easy to keep clean too.
View attachment 465362
View attachment 465363
thirdeye thirdeye I see a lot of those around here. There was one in every kitchen when I was growing up in sidney ohio. I lived about 3 blocks from Wagner. Used to ride bike past it all the time. You could smell that hot aluminum a mile away. I only live about 20 min north of there now and see lots of wagner stuff at yard sales ad fall festivals.

Wow, not sure how I missed this one! That's a fine collection you have Jim! A nice rack to keep them on also...sadly we don't have room for anything like that. Just got an oval pot back over the weekend after having it sand blasted, needs to be seasoned yet.
thirdeye thirdeye mom had a pot exactly like that...might be time for a treasure hunt soon.

Ryan

Reactions: JLeonard
Brokenhandle Brokenhandle Thanks Ryan. Yeah I had to get the rack to get it off the counter. My folks are downsizing their house and I got some from them and my kids are feeding my addiction to CI. I love the way it cooks. And I'm using my dutch oven more than the crockpot now.
Jim

Reactions: negolien
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky