Chuck roast burnt ends to start the weekend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JCAP

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 12, 2019
Allentown, PA
Greetings all,
My wife tasked me with consolidating my smoker space in the back yard. Last fall I picked up a Z grill pellet for a pretty decent price and used it a few times. Was pretty good and turned out some fine food but no matter the pellet I could not even get an aroma of smoke even while cooking! So I decided to sell it and another one of my toys and invest the money into the RecTeq Bullseye. Holy smokes am I glad I did. This thing is fantastic. Plenty of space for me, can hit over 600 degrees easy. I noticed that there was a piece that was bent when I assembled it- purely cosmetic- and RecTeq immediacy sent a replacement part. Responded to my initial email in less than 30 min. Impressive.

Anyway I decided to do some chuck roast burnt ends today for the first cook. Cubed the roast, hit it with MeatChurch Holy Cow, and away it went. After a few hours, the cubes went into a pan with some bbq sauce and beef broth, and then finished with some brown sugar. These things were my best burnt ends yet. The rub gave a nice peppery finish that was complimented by the brown sugar.

And now I have a pork butt sitting in some Honey Hog overnight to hit the kamado in the AM.

Thanks for looking all!

808E5304-1AF2-420F-BC2D-AE8AD992D4D2.jpeg C3700F62-9A1A-46A6-81F6-15248E36FB5C.jpeg F6909A5B-3147-40DE-9314-CDC152739E80.jpeg B12FA552-62D3-4143-A1BF-0AEAEDE22645.jpeg

Looks great. What temp did you run the smoker at and for how long? What flavor of wood?

Reactions: JCAP
Thanks all!

Looks great. What temp did you run the smoker at and for how long? What flavor of wood?

250 for about 2.5 hours, another 2 hours covered in the foil pan, and then 30 min uncovered. I used the Bear Mountain Bold BBQ which I think is mesquite, oak, and hickory.

Thanks for the details. I've thought about doing a chuck roast this next weekend and am looking for ideas. Good job indeed!

Reactions: JCAP
Greetings all,
My wife tasked me with consolidating my smoker space in the back yard. Last fall I picked up a Z grill pellet for a pretty decent price and used it a few times. Was pretty good and turned out some fine food but no matter the pellet I could not even get an aroma of smoke even while cooking! So I decided to sell it and another one of my toys and invest the money into the RecTeq Bullseye. Holy smokes am I glad I did. This thing is fantastic. Plenty of space for me, can hit over 600 degrees easy. I noticed that there was a piece that was bent when I assembled it- purely cosmetic- and RecTeq immediacy sent a replacement part. Responded to my initial email in less than 30 min. Impressive.

Anyway I decided to do some chuck roast burnt ends today for the first cook. Cubed the roast, hit it with MeatChurch Holy Cow, and away it went. After a few hours, the cubes went into a pan with some bbq sauce and beef broth, and then finished with some brown sugar. These things were my best burnt ends yet. The rub gave a nice peppery finish that was complimented by the brown sugar.

And now I have a pork butt sitting in some Honey Hog overnight to hit the kamado in the AM.

Thanks for looking all!

View attachment 489895View attachment 489892View attachment 489893View attachment 489894
Dad'gum...I'm hungry all over again! ;)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky