Chicken Tamale Fatty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jdwhome

Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Burleson, Texas
After seeing the fatty competition I got motivated and made my first fatties. The first attempt 'blew up' during the process...ended up in the trash. My other attempts were successful. I made 1 pizza fatty, 1 bacon cheeseburger fatty and a chicken tamale fatty.

The best by far was the chicken tamale fatty. I started with ground turkey, then applied a layer of masa about 1/4" thick, I then put chopped up smoked chicken on the masa (from a previous cookout) that I had sautee'd in my 'El Fenix' enchilada sauce (recipe below) and added a little grated cheese. Turned out awesome...I'll be making this one many times in the future.

Chili Gravy for Enchiladas - Tastes like El Fenixâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s
(Brown Mex Gravy Sauce)
1/4 cup lard OR Vegetable Oil
1/4 cup Flour
1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
1 teaspoon Salt
1 1/2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons powder Garlic
1/2 teaspoon Mexican Oregano (optional)
2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
2 cups Chicken Broth

Heat Oil in Large Skillet over Med-High heat. Stir in Flour and continue stirring for 3 - 4 min. until it makes a light brown roux. Add all dry ingredients and continue to cook for 1 min., constantly stirring and blending the ingredients. Add chicken broth, mixing and stirring till sauce thickens. Turn heat to low and let sauce simmer for 15 min. Add water as necessary if sauce becomes to thick. (Consistency should be like a gravy).

hea jd, glad to hear the fatty throwdown inspired you. thats what it was meant to do. i hope your first attempt did not end in the trash, even the blowouts everyone will eventually have are good eatting, throw in foil pan and finish off. if cheese leaked out throw some more on the top. nothing fancy here but taste just as good!!! nice take on the chicken tamale, great thinkin and thks for sharing, i will be tryin this one!!!!!

A couple of pics of the fatties. I wish I had some of the finished product, but it was eaten pretty quickly.
4a56d1d4_vbattach19495.jpg

e9f3ed57_vbattach19496.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky