Chicken Soup

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I did something like that yesterday, but I went in a different direction. I had a frozen pack of chicken "paws" along with two leftover thighs that had been cooked, and three thighs not yet cooked.

I took the meat off and set that aside, and made a stock with the bones and feet, along with celery, carrot, onion, bay, rosemary, salt and pepper (my mom's basic stock). Toward the end of cooking that, I skinned the uncooked thighs and put them in the pot. I fried the skin to make schmaltz.

When the thighs were cooked enough, I took them out and let them cool. I shredded that meat, combined it with the other thigh meat, and splashed that in a soy/ginger marinade. I prepped some celery, carrot and onion for a stir-fry, and made a batch of jasmine rice cooked in the strained stock.

I gave everything a quick sear in a big skillet, stirred in the rice, and served. Now I have approximately seven cups of strained chicken stock chilled in the garage, aka The Big Refrigerator.

BW I think we are going to have soup weather for a few more weeks.I freeze a lot of my stock also
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky