chicken leg qtrs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin bobbyq

Original poster
Nov 20, 2012
Preppin some qtrs for smokin tomorrow. Thinking bout using mesquite been using mostly fruit woods lately.what temp should we smoke at?

Mesquite all the way you'll be much happier. Hope your using a brine if not look into it for next time. I like 225 for about 3-4 hours. Everyone has their own style though just watch your internal I would pull at 160 then put them under broiler for a few to crisp up your skin. Try a little olive oil or butter with your rub to help crisp it up. Good luck!

225-250 is good. The wood depends on what you like. Mesquite is a strong flavor. Try different woods to see what you like. Be sure to keep it 'thin blue smoke'.  If it is a billowing white smoke, that's not good.

Mike

Thanks ya'll! Getting it on now should I use a drip pan? Will it slow my cook time and lower temp?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky