Cherry wood, I am beginning to think never again...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I am updating my experience/opinion of Cherry wood.  My only prior experience was with "Cowboy" brand chips in my GOSM.  I recently bought a bag of "Lumber Jack" 100% Cherry pellets.  Although I can't say it is my favorite wood, I smoked potatoes and onions for 3 hours (on smoke setting) and later smoked 2 whole chickens at 350.  All tasted good without the off flavor I experienced in the past.  The potatoes and onions were stronger in flavor than the chickens as expected.  I don't know if the off flavors I experienced with my GOSM were due to the method, amount used, brand, type of cherry tree that was chipped, etc.,. but with pellets/brand, it was good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky