Cherry Tarts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

griz400

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Mar 27, 2016
Here is a recipe wife makes around the holidays .. she says it's simple ..I don't eat the cherries and she makes a few for me with chocolate ...(Hershey kiss)

you need
2 -8 oz cream cheese
3/4 cup cugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Nilla vanilla wafers
and the FOIL baking cups ..
cherry pie filling

combine all ingredients except the vanilla wafers, easier if you let the cream cheese soften up a bit, using a muffin pan, put foil cups in the pan, add 1 wafer into each foil cup, then fill half full of mixture, preheat oven to 350, bake for 15 minutes , let cool and add cherry pie filling or blueberry, blackberry , etc ...

IMG_0994.JPG

refrigerate aterwards
The wafer is the cake on these cherry cheese cakes ...........

Last edited:
Reactions: motocrash
Thanks motocrash ....thanks for the point as well .... wife says it/s simple to make.. she makes these every year .. seems like forever ..

Same here. I cooked in a restaurant many moons ago in a previous life and been grilling' and Q-ing for years, but have baked nary a cake, pie or cookie. My wife, who can actually follow a recipe, does the baking and confections.

Same here. I cooked in a restaurant many moons ago in a previous life and been grilling' and Q-ing for years, but have baked nary a cake, pie or cookie. My wife, who can actually follow a recipe, does the baking and confections.

She baked 3 different types of cookies this year, pumpkin rolls, nutrolls also ..makes home smell good .. lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky