Cherry Amaretto Roast Beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wutang

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 10, 2008
Omaha, Ne
I have been wanting to do another roast beef that I could slice thin for sandwiches. I did basically the same as last time but kicked it up a little bit.

My mop ingredients. Cherry juice and Disaronno

I poured Disaronno over the roast and lightly coated with a little bit of rub.

Sprayed with a blend of cherry juice and amaretto after about an hour then about every 30-40 minutes until it hit an internal temp of about 140.

A couple of sliced pics

After slicing it all up I guess I got a little careless when cleaning the meat slicer and got a small cut on the tip of a finger......

But bacon makes everything better

The slices from the outside of the roast definately had the cherry/amaretto flavor. Maybe I will try injecting next time

Looks good, a little too rare for my liking.
wink.gif

Those bacon bandages are friggin awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

That meat looks awsome to me love it rare. What did that disronno do to the flavor I have never seen that stuff (was a beer man) you have to love those band-aids though. too cool

That looks awesome!!! How was the flavor? Not as strong as you would of liked? I think injecting it would distribute the flavor more. Or even maybe marinade it?

I am a beer man too. But my wife keeps a few things in the booze cabinet that she gets into every once in a while. The DiSoronno along with the cherry juice added some sweetness to the meat. It was definately worth doing it this way. I would do it again.

The flavor was great. Tender smokey roast beef with a hint of sweetness. If I injected I would probably just inject a small amount. I think it could get too sweet if I used too much.

Oh My Gawd! As soon as I saw the cherry disarronno, I knew it HAD to be good! That is a fantastic combo you thought of, I bet it tasted great. Your roast looked beautiful, though I like mine a bit less rare. Wutang, you get points for creativity my friend!

points.gif

Dang that looks good Adam....lookin forward to a sammie!!
Excellent job!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Definitely an original, new way to smoke some roast beef. That looks like it turned out GREAT!!

As for the finger ... it took me a while to realize that you weren't bleeding through your bandage, and that it was just the "meat" in the bacon bandaid.
icon_rolleyes.gif

I just looked back at the picture and you are right-it does look like I am bleeding pretty good.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Holy Cow. That looks like the finest roast beef on the planet. Great mix of flavors. Would love to hear how an injection does. I would think the cherry juice would stain the meat a little and maybe make it look more rare than it really is. What do you think? Would it do that?

Love the bandaids. What was the "free toy inside"?

I bet you are right about the cherry juice changing the color. I just might have to try it and see.

I have been waiting to see if anyone would ask about the "free toy." It was a bacon sticker. A small puffy sticker about one inch long that looks just like the band-aid. My 3 year old daughter wanted it so she walked around with a bacon sticker on her shirt the day I opened them.

Wow!!! I love amaretto and I love rare roast beef! That looks awesome! Be careful you don't accidentally wrap those band-aids around a fattie
icon_wink.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

My kind of beef cooked to perfection.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Both.
icon_biggrin.gif
I have reheated them in warm au jus and melted some provolone cheese over the sandwich and served with the au jus for a french dip. And I have just pulled it out of the fridge and slapped some mayo on some bread for a roast beef sammich. My wife also likes to use it for a hot beef sandwhich served open face with gravy and mashed potatoes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky