charcoal ???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Kingsford cause it is cheap and good.
Used to use Stubb's when I burned a lot of charcoal but now that I burn 90% wood and use coals as a starter and occasional booster I go with Kingsford blue.

during the winter when lump sometimes isnt as easy to find I will use Kingsford competition briquettes(not the blue bag stuff). Works ok, but I prefer lump.

I use RO lump 99% of the time.

I burn both lump and briquettes. For a short hot cook I use lump, mainly RO, and for longer burns I use briquettes. Right now I have the Sams choice brand, I know some will think that's bad but it is made by RO and does a good job.

I had trouble finding RO lump for about a month before x-mas until a few weeks ago @ my local Super Walmart, they condensed the bbq area down to make room for x-mas junk. Now the bbq stuff is slowly being brought back into stock & the RO is back.

That's where I am getting it too, although there's a supermarket that carries it too, although it tends to be the imported woods. I have had some disappointing bags from the market.

B4 Christmas, Walmart had all of their RO on a pallet about 15 feet in the air. They were more than happy to send a guy up there and unload eight bags for me. Yesterday I noticed they had moved one of the pallets down to the floor. :)

good tip, maybe next year if I dont see it ill ask, although at my local wSuper walmart it is tough to find any help.

Thanks rick, Ive been there and not seen it on occasion (I dont like the Morris Super Walmart too much, no beer..
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
), I hit the Menards instead for some.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky