Charbroil silver horizontal, latest mod!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

capt dan

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 2, 2007
I am always looking for ways to make my cheap ole rusty smoke belcher more efficient, and stable. So I took off the old firebox baffle, and maed a new one of thicker steel, and a better fit.

A couple weeks ago , I fashioned new tuning plates out of steel chair backs, they work very good, and with this baffle the temp ranges about 215 on the stack end when it is 225-230 on the firebox end with lump charcoal. I also made a new basket for the firebox, good thing I didn't make it any bigger!

the basket has increased my burn time from 30-45 minutes to about 2 hrs. I am still learning on the fire management thingy! My hope is to eventually get 3-4 hrs out of a basket load!

Capt Dan
Nice mods !!! I did about the same on my Char-Griller last fall; can't wait for spring to start using it again.....

Its just you!
icon_lol.gif

OK now? Thanks guys!

yeah capt. werking now..........it mite of been on my end, as my ip went down yesterday.......ALL of Iowa, and the southern half of MINNIE-SODA

looks good

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky