Char Hickory Prime Ribeye

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pitcom

Original poster
Jun 12, 2015
Cooked my very first steaks on the new Rec Tec Bull. I used Lumberjack char hickory pellets. The flavor was absolutely amazing. I pulled them after they hit 130 degrees. Without a doubt, one of top 3 best ribeye steaks I have ever eaten in my life.
Screenshot_2019-05-18-20-37-39.png
Screenshot_2019-05-18-20-37-45.png

Looks great,I also like it for steaks but prefer other pellets for long smokes for reasons I cant decide on lol,they are pretty good mixed 50/50 with other pellets

Reactions: JC in GB
pitcom pitcom I like a bit more char on mine , but those look freakin fantastic . My mouth is watering . First steak on a new grill , awesome . I know they were good . Nice job .

Reactions: PapaLlama
One of my local grocery stores had an ordering SNAFU and wound up with almost literally a ton of boneless ribeyes. I took advantage of the sale they had, saved a couple out before firing up the food saver to repackage them for freezer storage. Now circumstances have me flying solo tonight and I'm thinking about doing a reverse sear on one just to see how it comes out. Any thoughts/suggestions?

OK, no one replied so I had to go it on my own ;-)
We're dieting so the Ribeye is our "Exception" meal - kind of like ice cream!

Set the Stampede at 500 with GrillGrates. Marinated the steaks VERY lightly with olive oil, ground pepper and kosher salt and let it rest for an hour. I figured 16 minutes - it only took 8. Thank you internal probe!!!

I cut the steak into diagonal slices so I could plate exact 6 oz portions.
IMG_20190608_195436349.jpg

Yum!

Attachments

• IMG_20190608_193755715.jpg
    IMG_20190608_193755715.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 10
Though I first started posting almost 5 years ago, life got in the way and I didn't really get back to smoking until just recently. That said, I'm still fairly new to posting here so I forgot about the wait for moderator approval. I put a little Adolph's tenderizer and some fresh cracked black & white pepper and let it rest a little while. Then, an hour and change in the smoker at 250 with some hickory until it was 130 degrees internal then threw it on the grill for bit on each side.
0608191642[1].jpg
0608191755[1].jpg

Came out very tender, didn't even need that knife in the picture at all!

Ribeyes look great, nice job

Point for sure
Chris

Though I first started posting almost 5 years ago, life got in the way and I didn't really get back to smoking until just recently. That said, I'm still fairly new to posting here so I forgot about the wait for moderator approval. I put a little Adolph's tenderizer and some fresh cracked black & white pepper and let it rest a little while. Then, an hour and change in the smoker at 250 with some hickory until it was 130 degrees internal then threw it on the grill for bit on each side.
View attachment 397612 View attachment 397613

nder, diffmike...Camedn't even need that knife in the picture at all!

ffmike...
brag, brag, brag ;-) mine still needed a knife! BUT my wife LOVED it and that's worth slicing it with a knife!
Kidding aside, I've been wondering about reverse searing METHODS and smoking at 250 and then searing is definitely in my future.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky