Char Griller Pellet Smokers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I purchased a Char Griller Pellet Smoker from Lowe's last weekend! I wanted to upgrade my Masterbuilt 30" smoker but I couldn't justify dropping $850 on a Traeger. I stumbled upon this Char Griller by accident and was shocked to see how close in design it is to the Traeger Lil Tex Elite. I assembled it in around 30 minutes, seasoned it and was smoking 2 racks of baby backs on it that night. They were AMAZING! I did do a two hour test run to figure out the temperature fluctuation and also how much smoke to add. Yes, there is a 0-7 smoke setting that allows zero smoke to a lot of smoke but adding more smoke does make the internal temp of the chamber drop 15-20 degrees but it recovers quickly. After one smoke I was THRILLED with the results! I got a very nice pink smoke ring on the ribs and the smoke flavor was spot on. If you're like me and want a solid pellet smoker without schilling out a lot of dough, this is a PERFECT smoker!

You will love it it has taken me a few to get it right as maintaining temps What I do is set the smoke on 6 then after a few hours I keep it at 0. Good luck and happy smoking. One note I too view the Traeger and was not happy with how unstable it was plus a smaller cooking area. You made a excellent choice Happy Fathers Day

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky