Cast iron brands

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Lodge for my $$, I live close to a Lodge store so I don't look much on the net at it, enamel is great if you can afford it,

Reactions: Sack1971
I have Lodge and a Stargazer 10.5" skillet.
Both serve their intended purpose.
The Stargazer is very nicely finished. Worth the price if you use it everyday.
719o6CfTfHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I think old cast iron is the best cast iron. I did pick up a Lodge 12" at Ollies for about 15 bucks a couple of months ago and it works great, but I really prefer old smooth cast iron to new textured cast iron.

Brand really doesn't matter once you learn how to clean and season them. And believe me there are million different suggestions on how to do this. Lodge knows how to make cast iron skillets and I use Lodge. They have doing it for a long time.

Reactions: bill ace 350
I agree with whistlepig. Brand really doesn't matter as long as you know how to season it. I have a no brand that nothing sticks to it. Don't get stuck up on brand

Reactions: bill ace 350
Asked this question about a month ago and I think B BigW. posted it. I went with lodge after seeing all the positive replies and I’m pretty happy with the price and quality

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky