can't find maple brine recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

matt1124

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Last thanksgiving I smoked a turkey that I brined with a recipe I found on here. I have searched all over and can't seem to find it. All I can remember is that is had a 2oz of maple extract in it. I guess it got lost back when we were down for a few weeks. Does anybody have it written down somewhere? Thanks!

This is one I just googled. Sounds pretty good to me.

Ingredients:
  • 4 quarts water
  • 2 cups dark brown sugar
  • 1 cup soy sauce
  • 1 cup maple syrup
  • 3/4 cup sea salt
  • 8-10 whole cloves garlic, peeled
  • 6-8 whole bay leaves
  • 3 large sprigs of thyme
  • 2 teaspoons whole peppercorns
Preparation:

Place all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil, dissolving sugar and maple syrup. Remove from heat and allow brine to cool completely before using.

I actually found it finally. It was tucked away in my closet with some other papers. It has travcomans brine written on it as well. Here it is in case anyone is interested:

1 gallon water
3/4 cup kosher salt
1 cup dark brown sugar
3 cups apple cider
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup worchestershire sauce
1 oz maple flavoring
1 tsp ginger
2 tbsp ground black pepper
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 cup dry minced onion
2 bay leaves
2 tbsp italian seasoning

I'm glad I posted this, it's that time of year again and I've been looking for this recipe. :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky