Brisket Help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fireguydrew

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 19, 2009
Brampton Ontario Canada
I do hate to ask this as it is BBQ blasphemy, but I have to do brisket for 200 people with a chargriller pro lol

My plan is to do my usual injection, mustard slather, and rub. Then smoke 2 briskets for approx. 5-6 hours. then foil them and as I said Blasphemy, but put them in the oven to hit that 200 degrees while I do the other 2 and so forth.

The question is, well a few actually can I have the briskets in too long ??
the oven temp would be at 200 max but not sure how long and if the brisket would hit 200 and stayed there for say a few hours would that kill it??
I was planning the first 2 would be in the oven for about 6-8 hours?
would that be too long? I will be monitoring the temps but just not sure in an oven.

any thoughts?
I wouldnt be doing it this way but I only have a limited sized smoker
lol
I need a ginormous smoker now haha

It will be fine to use the oven, especially since you've gotta do what you've gotta do to get the good smoke done, no worries.
Now how many briskets are you doing?
Also, if you place them in the oven in foil once you bring them to temp are you going to leave them in and add more and bring them to temp as well?
They will be alright to sit at 200 for a while but eventually they would dry out so depending on how many you are doing and how many you can fit in the oven could make a difference.
They can sit in a cooler resting for a while as others finish up but you don't want 3-4 siting in the cooler for 6-8 hours as others finished though 2-4 hours resting time wouldn't be a problem.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky