Brisket Day At Casa Bianca (Heavy Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Very nice brisket Robert! I always liked the flat better so the idea of the whole thing being lean moist and tender sounds awesome!!

The gravy sounds really good with the bourbon in it too! Sounds like a great meal was had by all. Hell, I’d be happy with the scraps Bianca didn’t approve of.

I have a couple of sous chefs much like your Bianca. They are sure to guard that no dropped food lays on the floor/ground for any length of time., Your plate looks excellent.

Thanks Jim!! Something tells me that there are quite a few folks here with similar types of chefs in their household. :emoji_wink:

Looks awesome !! Great plate of food !

Very much appreciate it Mike.

Great looking meal Robert! Brisket looks awesome! Gravy of course is always good...you finally found a potato i don't put gravy on! But sure do like potato salad.

Thanks so much Ryan. Gotta agree with you...something about gravy on potato salad does not sound very appealing. On and with the brisket it was great though

Great looking job and a great plate.

Thank you for the kind words Warren

Robert

Yum. Looks really good.

Thank you!! Appreciate the accolades.

Super lean brisket indeed. Doesn't look like that mattered one bit you knocked it out of the park. Nice job bud

Appreciate it Jake. I honestly had my doubts and was ready to grab a bunch of steaks out of the freezer if this thing bombed. Turns out that we have a nice stash of leftover brisket though.

Damn man. You had me at brisket until I saw the "Brisket Gravy" then it went to a whole different level...

The gravy was outstanding!! The seasonings from the brisket, the drippings, and a nice smoky flavor...what's not to love?

That plate of vittles looks incredible! Nice job on the brisket!

Thank you sir!!

Man that looks good!!

It was pretty tasty. Nothing like finally sitting down to eat after 12 hours of cooking :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Darn fine looking plate Robert! That corn bread looks awesome!

Thanks Travis. That cornbread was stellar. I'll be posting the recipe here shortly. So simple to make and so darned good.

Nice cook .

Appreciate it.

Great looking meal. I too love Potato salad. The Crew are Mac Salad people, so we make both

Thanks Jimmy!! We tend to mix it up between tater salad, macaroni salad, and Cole slaw. Been making wasabi horseradish slaw the past couple times as well as the same with macaroni salad recently and boy, that really amps up the flavor!!

Biscuits and gravy? Nah, briskets and gravy!

Now that's funny!! Excellent point Derek.

Robert

One thing I have never tried is corn bread, I have the same Lodge CI, would you mind posting the recipe?

Thank you for the kind words, and certainly I'll share it. I got the recipe here, the least I can do is give it back if somebody asks :emoji_wink: I guess I don't need to tell you that cornbread is a Southern staple but people all over the place love the stuff. This is really easy to do and is without doubt the best cornbread I've ever had....especially with the cheese, bacon, and jalapenos.

Mix dry ingredients together:

1 cup flour
1 cup corn meal
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 dash (about 1/2 tsp) chili powder (recommend chipotle)
sift this all together into your mixing bowl and set aside.

Mix wet ingredients together:

2 eggs beaten
1 cup buttermilk (can also use plain milk or creme but I like buttermilk the best)
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup honey

3) Once oven is preheated to 400 degrees, then add the wet ingredients to the dry in the mixing bowl. You don't want to do this before the oven is ready. The baking powder starts to react right away so you want to get it in the preheated oven. Don't let it sit around. Mix with a fork. Don't overdo it. Then put it in the oven. If you're adding jalapeno or other ingredients, do so last once everything is mixed and give a final few stirs with the fork.

4) Pour mix into greased pan of choice. Grease with butter, non stick spray, whatever you like.
Bake for 25 minutes and check it with a toothpick in the middle. When the toothpick comes out without any clumps of batter on it, pull it out. The trick is getting it baked right to that point to have a moist and done cornbread.

Let cool for a few minutes and then brush a glaze of honey on top if you like. Some things to try/experiment with on this recipe are the additives such as corn, jalapeno, bacon, etc. Also the types of milk, buttermilk, heavy creme, half n half, regular milk. You can experiment with the ratio of honey to sugar. I've done all honey, all sugar. I like the half and half but see what you like.

With the cheese, add as much as you like. I used about 1/3 cup in the mix itself and garnished the top with a little more.

Robert

Looks delicious and perfectly cooked Robert! I would have been worried cooking one that lean too, but you put your skills to work and it shows. Looks nice and juicy too. That cornbread is awesome, I can see why that was the star of the meal. Great work as usual. Big like!

Thanks so much Mike. Heck, even a blind squirrel is gonna find an acorn once in a while :emoji_wink: Fortunately I noticed in the beginning how lean it was so I could adjust as I went.

Fabamundo Robert!!! that brisket and fix'ins look perfect.

Very much appreciate it Chris.

Hell Yeah Robert!

Thank you Chile!! Appreciate the kind words.

Robert

Perfect brisket and gravy, beautiful cornbread for mop up duty, and homemade tater salad take this one right out of the park Robert, nice piece of work, Like!

Thank you my friend. Simple and basic across the board but it was tasty and there was certainly enough to go around....except for the cornbread. Might have to do a double batch next time.

Awesome meal Robert!

Thank ya thank ya Steve!!

The gravy sounds really good with the bourbon in it too! Sounds like a great meal was had by all. Hell, I’d be happy with the scraps Bianca didn’t approve of.

Appreciate it Joe. I've used bourbon in a sauce mix with brisket for a long time. This is the first time I've made a full blown gravy though and it was fantastic. Served double duty too. Added great flavor to the brisket AND made for some darned good dipping sauce with the meal.

Robert

Thanks, Robert. Knew you’d get a laugh.

I sure did get a laugh out of it!! You know my (and a lot of other folks) propensity for gravy and that pretty well summed it up...in two short sentences. Could not have been better stated.

Robert

Any chance of getting the pickle recipe link? Cheers!

Absolutely. It was posted by SmokinAl SmokinAl but I'm too lazy to search for the link. It's easier just to copy and paste it.

4 - 1 pint canning jars
2 lbs. pickling cukes

In each jar put:
1 onion slice
1 heaping TB minced garlic or 3 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp dry dill weed or 3-4 fresh dill sprigs
1/2 tsp dill seed
1/8 tsp alum or pickle crisp
1/8 tsp mustard seed

If you want spicy dills add:
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
2 slices fresh jalapeno pepper with seeds

Brine:
1 cup white vinegar
3 cups distilled water
1/4 cup pickling salt

Boil water, vinegar, and salt till the sat has dissolved and ladle into the jars.

I do add the red pepper flakes...2x as much as he states in the recipe. I also vac seal the jars to greatly speed up the process of them getting tasty. Some folks like to soak the cukes in ice water for a couple of hours prior to putting them in the jars and adding the brine. I've not done that and the pickles are still outstanding!!

Robert

tx smoker tx smoker thanks man. Going to try the corn bread as soon as I can get the ingredients, cannot wait to try it.

we are in total lockdown here at the moment.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky