Boneless Turkey Breast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

petehalsted

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 28, 2015
As promised here is the info on the 2 turkey breast I did while doing the prime rib yesterday.

I do these and slice for lunch meat, my wife loves smoked turkey for sandwiches, and this beats the heck out of anything she can get at the deli.

I used Butterball boneless turkey breast, these already bound up. I did both a Honeysuckle and a Butterball, last time, and the Butterball won mainly because the Honeysuckle has "flavoring" in the juice which effects my end product.

I injected with broth, butter, garlic, and onion, about 1 1/2 hours before they went on, and seasoned with my SLPOG (SPOG with Lemon Pepper for half the pepper)

Into smoker @225 until 165, with Pecan/Cherry/Apple

Note: I have done this twice (total of 4 breasts) and although I say 165, I never actually get there, they all seem to stall between 156 and 160. I let them ride that way for about 45 minutes to an hour then pull them, regardless. I don't know if its the injection, or if at that point the breast starts separating a bit or what.

After resting and cooling, into the fridge overnight they went, and this morning they were sliced and vacuum sealed.

Like I said I have done this exact same cook twice now and these are on point! Very juices, great smoke flavor, and perfect slices for smoked turkey sandwiches.

When I want to show off my Q skills, my go to is Porkbelly burnt ends. But I think these might just impress someone even more.

A couple of photos for all you Q-Pic junkies.

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

Good looking turkey boobs Pete.As said,sammich stuffin' goodness.
I too have cooked these before and they do turn out good every time.
Very juices, great smoke flavor, and perfect slices for smoked turkey sandwiches.
They are moist and juicy,"contains up to 20% solution",they also have sodium phosphates.

Looks Great, Pete!!
I never did one of them.
I did a Bone-in Turkey Breast that came out Great, and I have another one in my freezer.
Guess I gotta get one of those sometime---Looks Great !!
Like.

Bear

Looks Great, Pete!!
I never did one of them.
I did a Bone-in Turkey Breast that came out Great, and I have another one in my freezer.

For making lunch meat, I like them better as I get nice deli slices and don't have to deal with a bone. The difference in price was about 20 - 30 cents. But still way better than the price the Mrs pays at the deli counter for a subpar product!

Reactions: Bearcarver
For making lunch meat, I like them better as I get nice deli slices and don't have to deal with a bone. The difference in price was about 20 - 30 cents. But still way better than the price the Mrs pays at the deli counter for a subpar product!

I'll have to be on the look-out.
Mrs Bear gets the Bone-in Turkey Breasts for Free, just like the Spiral Hams---With Points at "Giant".

She loves Turkey lunchmeat, so I could do that!!

Thanks Pete,
Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky