Boneless Buffalo Wing SALAD + twice baked cheesey garlic potato ++pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thoseguys26

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Aspen Valley
We're on the road of eating healthier.. but we're not there yet. Just the crossroads :) (we actually eat pretty healthy) Gotta get that beach body ready for the speedo weather, right? :)

This is one my girls favorites, BBW Salad. I won't lie, it's fantastic. 

I'll sorta give the general recipe but since it's not super technical and most people know how to do it, I'll just let the pics do the talking.

Make this recipe to your own liking. Here's ours.

Boneless buffalo Wing Salad    Side: Twice baked potato

Salad

• bite sized cut lettuce

• sliced carrots

• celary w/ leafy greens

• cherry tomatoes (see cool tip below)

• red onion (thinly sliced)

• cucumbers

• blue cheese crumbles

• ranch dressing

Boneless Buffalo Wings

(I marinated/brined my breast in salt & pepper water for about an hour..)

• chicken breast cut into bite size pieces

• flour

• egg

• milk

• plain panko bread crumbs

• peanut oil for frying

• hot sauce of choice

My favorite easy mild sauce is

1/2 cup Franks

2 TBL Huy Fong Chili Garlic Paste (love this stuff)

1 TBL butter

1 TBL Cholula Chili Garlic Sauce

See pics for process: 

Chicken gets dredged in flour

Shake off excess, coat in egg & milk liquid (make sure to beat/mix up this mix, my pic shows the egg unbeaten..)

Coat in Panko bread crumbs

Note: Keep one hand for dry ingredients and one for wet. This eliminates the clumpy finger syndrome.

Heat oil, 375° , fry until golden/golden dark brown

Heat sauce in microwave and coat fried chicken in sauce. Assemble salad and add chicken last on top, then ranch & blue    

cheese crumbles.

• Keep certain vegetables separated (see pics) so everything stays crispy, hot, cold & fresh.

Twice Baked Potato

• Microwave or bake potato until done. Put in freezer for 10 minutes. Slice in half. Scoop out center and make some mashed potato's with a little butter, S & P, fresh garlic, or any seasoning you prefer.

• Rub olive oil on skin side, lightly salt and put under high broiler for 5-8 minutes until crispy

• Put mashed potato's into shell, add some cheese of choice, chives or fresh garden baby garlic.

• Broil for another 5-8 minutes until golden brown & melted.

If anyone has any specific questions please ask and I'll be glad to give more insight.

Now what you're all waiting for!

You can see by the way my pics are listed, that's the order I prepared & cooked everything to time it out right.

* thanks for looking :)

1d8c2df0_IMG_4088.jpg

clump cherry tomato's together under your hand. Just do hand sized controllable portions.

5e53146a_IMG_4089.jpg

Like so

4aba84a7_IMG_4092.jpg

This is just to show how/where you line up. Keep hand on top. Level knife with board, at halfway mark of tomato's.

3b815347_IMG_4094.jpg

Slice slowly, keeping blade parallel to board at the center of the tomato's while keep slight pressure on tomatoes with hand. I actually like to grip the knife way back on the butt of the handle, not a full grip as usual.

It only saves a little time but your company may be impressed! :)

94def695_IMG_4096.jpg

Just like that, you've sliced a handful of cherry's in one cut.

f7c2f4f1_IMG_4097.jpg

722212be_IMG_4105.jpg

1316bf19_IMG_4106.jpg

Scoop out centers.

475efa3e_IMG_4108.jpg

Olive oil the skins, lightly salt.

** This is where you stick them under the broiler and crisp up the skin. Then proceed to next picture.

241e38a8_IMG_4111.jpg

Put mashed mix back home.

db81ca46_IMG_4115.jpg

Add cheese, and favorite toppings; garlic, chives, oregano, etc..

393a8917_IMG_4116.jpg

Chicken breaded and ready to fry.

546c6f35_IMG_4118.jpg

YeeeHA!

c70e80a1_IMG_4119.jpg

Splatter screens are a must have.

4f28bf29_IMG_4121.jpg

Yeah.....  You can do a million things with fried boneless chicken breasts.. bbq sauce, ranch lettuce wraps, mac & cheese topper..

70140305_IMG_4122.jpg

x2 baked tots are out. Wings are being tossed..

190c536b_IMG_4124.jpg

Come on, that's a beauty right there!

9607b7a2_IMG_4130.jpg

Note the seperate bowls for certain items. This is to make sure you can sit down and each element is ready as its own. Salads are green and crispy, tomato's haven't turned anything soggy, onions haven't contaminated anything, wings are hot and crispy.

030f8706_IMG_4133.jpg

Thanking the SMF family with two more pics before we enjoyed our meal.

6a40673b_IMG_4137.jpg

Time to eat.

1d930e77_IMG_4149.jpg

Last edited:
Too bad there wasn't a Salad Throwdown runnin' this month that one could have WON! Looks really good...One of my Cheffie Daughters was off from the restaurant she works in and got to cook with me for a change. She made Twice Baked Potatoes as well but mixed half the Fixin's in the filling and the rest on top. It was great but I have to admit I never thought of the oil, seasoning and Broiling the Skin thing...That is Brilliant Bro...
thumb1.gif
...JJ

That's some good looking chow! Job well done and thanks for sharing the recipes! 

Looks-Great.gif

Too bad there wasn't a Salad Throwdown runnin' this month that one could have WON! Looks really good...One of my Cheffie Daughters was off from the restaurant she works in and got to cook with me for a change. She made Twice Baked Potatoes as well but mixed half the Fixin's in the filling and the rest on top. It was great but I have to admit I never thought of the oil, seasoning and Broiling the Skin thing...That is Brilliant Bro...
thumb1.gif
...JJ
Daughters are Chef's to? Cool, I'm sure the holidays are filled with some great food. 

The crispy skins were a great touch. I was originally going to make potato skins but then I didn't want to waste the potato meat so that's what I came up with..
That's some good looking chow! Job well done and thanks for sharing the recipes! 

Looks-Great.gif
No prob
Nice , looks like an excellent meal.

Wonder what it would be like with the Veggies Smoked?

And Love your Bamboo Board. Awsome
icon14.gif

Have fun and...
Thanks. I'm not sure about the smoked veggies but it could work. I thought about smoking the chicken but I was ready to eat. I have like 5 different sized bamboo boards.. they're nice and don't cost much. 
That is a great looking meal - congrats 
Thanks! It's a classic in my house.

Last edited:
Great looking and my kinda meal! Thanks for sharing.
No prob!

I usually make extra boneless wings and after I bread them, I put them on a plate or cookie sheet and freeze them for a few hours so the breading stays together. Then I vacuum seal them so I can fry them up at a later date.

We're making this again tonight! Can't wait!

This time I'm smoking the hot sauce for an hour and injecting it into the breast pieces. Qview in a few.

Last edited:
wow this turned out amazing! I am definitely going to have to give the buffalo chicken salad a try this week. Thanks for the incredible view
Thanks irie! Let me know when you make this, you won't be disappointed.  If you look at my other posts, I tend to go photo heavy, the iPhone makes taking food pics quick and easy.

Haha, we skipped the salad portion this time :) Just classic boneless wings and a few whole wings I figured to experiment a bit with.

Here's a few pics of the breading process in case anyone wasn't sure. It's pretty basic stuff but sometimes visuals are the best.

Don't forget to keep one hand dedicated to wet ingredients and the other hand to dry, that way you won't get the "club hands".

Thanks Costco for restaurant sized peanut oil!

67eaa2d0_ScreenShot2012-07-16at9.32.58PM.jpg

Got each stage laid out and ready to go. Oil is at 375° - 380°

c50f4a28_ScreenShot2012-07-16at9.33.32PM.jpg

AP flour dredge

cbd10ad9_ScreenShot2012-07-16at9.33.56PM.jpg

54f09174_ScreenShot2012-07-16at9.34.01PM.jpg

Two beaten eggs with a 3/4 cup of milk

77d7ebe7_ScreenShot2012-07-16at9.34.07PM.jpg

scoop out with fork

ab194342_ScreenShot2012-07-16at9.34.12PM.jpg

toss in panko bread crumbs in random areas to try not and have them touch.  It took about 3 rotations to finish my two breast. I do them in small portions to allow breading to be perfect.

cfa0bf09_ScreenShot2012-07-16at9.34.17PM.jpg

a92eab39_ScreenShot2012-07-16at9.34.24PM.jpg

Frying and drip drying

65c0fdab_ScreenShot2012-07-16at9.34.58PM.jpg

35577139_ScreenShot2012-07-16at9.35.13PM.jpg

Eat me.   I like to use ranch with a bunch of blue cheese crumbles mixed in.

0b4a9b7a_ScreenShot2012-07-16at9.35.26PM.jpg

74f5dcb6_ScreenShot2012-07-16at9.35.35PM.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job as usual...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky