Boiled Peanuts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If you can't get green pnuts you can use raw. best way to do raw is in pressure cooker.  lil salt and crab boil.

I buy a 40 lb sack of green pnuts every fall and boil an freeze.

Reactions: kathrynn
Steve (Roadkill Cafe)...I have ordered some sorghum from the family at Muddy Pond.  They were very nice to deal with and make the sorghum the old way...with a few new tweaks with no mules grinding the sugar cane....lol.  But in about a week...I will have my syrup.  Going to try some of it in MY recipe for BBQ sauce.  I think I am going to can some sauce and give them for Christmas gifts too.

Kathryn, glad you found them easy to deal with, as I did. Real nice folks. Let me know how the homemade sauce turns out. I might want to try that recipe. Never made my own sauce before. Dang, now you have me craving some homemade biscuits and sorghum syrup!!!
drool.gif

Steve....cant wait to see if it tastes like I remember it.  My kidlets are waiting to try it on my biscuits!  IF you twist my arm...I just might message you my recipe....have kept it a secret for a bit.  
icon_cool.gif

Reactions: roadkill cafe
Boiled Peanuts, what a wonderful indulgence!  I haven't had any in years, but now I guess I need to make some!   
biggrin.gif

I cannot imagine that anyone would make canned ones that were any good, but OK.  The best are fresh out of the pot, alsmost too hot to handle.

Reactions: kathrynn
The best are fresh out of the pot, almost too hot to handle.
Frosty...you are correct my friend. Those are the best ones!!
Steve....cant wait to see if it tastes like I remember it.  My kidlets are waiting to try it on my biscuits!  IF you twist my arm...I just might message you my recipe....have kept it a secret for a bit.  
icon_cool.gif
Consider the twisting to have started. Lightly, but more if needed to give it up.
hit.gif

My biscuits are simple...and dang good.  You would fight your Grandma over the last one.  Send me a message and I will give it to ya...twisting worked!  
icon_razz.gif

Nepas...those look good! :drool Had some plain just good and salty today!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky