Bloody Mary time!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
enjoy using Clamato juice. Or Mr and Mrs T's everything but the kitchen sink mixer.

I haven’t made a Bloody Mary in years but used to always use Clamato, Worcestershire sauce, tobacco and a dash of celery salt. It was our hangover cure. Later in life we realized it was easier to just not drink so much. 😂😂

For just a quickie BM with breakfast, I use the spicy V-8, couple drops of Worcestershire, couple drops of "Real lemon," couple grinds of black pepper, and a splash of vodka.

Reactions: Steve H
Nice! I usually use dill pickle brine but I'm going to try dill hot sauce after reading this.

Have you ever tried adding a couple drops of fish sauce to it? The anchovy really amps up the clamato juice.
Sorry. Overlooked this. Never had fish sauce in a bm before. I'll give that a try.

Steve H Steve H Well the whole Maggi thing got me thinking. So I went to the store(s) today and grabbed some and be darned if I'm ever going to buy a pre-made mix again.

View attachment 686434
View attachment 686435

Rim:
- Kosher salt
- Tajin classic with lime

Garnish:
- dill pickled carrot
- pickled egg with horseradish mustard
- pickled cauliflower
- Caesar jerky

Caesar/Boody Mary Mix:
- Clamato

Dash of each to taste:
- fish sauce
- Crystal hot sauce
- Maggi (I used 8 drops)
- banana pepper brine
- dill, dill pickle seasoning, or dill pickle brine
- coarse ground pepper

- large splash of soy

Loaded with 3oz of a delightful Vodka from a local distillery.

Don't think I'm accomplishing much else this evening 🤣
Dang! That looks amazing!

Reactions: Culinary Otter
Visiting a spiffy breakfast joint in Indiana I flew to 500 miles away from home for another reason, had a pretty good BM that had 3 strips of crispy fried bacon and two celery stalks sticking up out of the glass to grab as tall as the straw. Not the best BM mix for my taste buds, but I got it down crunching the bacon and celery between sips. Like most things, If eating out you got to pay attention to what the chef thinks fits others eating out and enjoy the experience, But then if you cook/smoke for your self, experiment with what fits "your" taste buds better at that particular time. What I really liked at one time in my life does not fit my taste buds now, moved on to to something different in a lot of my recipes.

Cooking for yourself kinda rurnes you for eating out sometimes, but gives you ideas of what to try in your own kitchen and outdoor equipment also. that you might not have thought of. Ya Know. That bacon did not have any smoke on it. Ha. At home I can fix that. Iffen you start out learning how to practice what you like at home, then paying attention in detail to what you taste eating out, you can change it as you go and make your own to be closer to what you like better. Yep, old guy here. JMO

Last edited:
Sorry. Overlooked this. Never had fish sauce in a bm before. I'll give that a try.
An older rendezvous friend had a bloody mary box that always traveled with him. One of the ingredients was fish pepper. Nothing like bloody marys on a Sunday morning waiting for biscuits and gravy to get finished over the fire.
That kit got passed onto another friend of ours :emoji_blush:

Ryan

An older rendezvous friend had a bloody mary box that always traveled with him. One of the ingredients was fish pepper. Nothing like bloody marys on a Sunday morning waiting for biscuits and gravy to get finished over the fire.
That kit got passed onto another friend of ours :emoji_blush:

Ryan
Fish pepper hot sauce?
I have a bottle of that back north. Son got it for me in Baltimore MD

Fish pepper hot sauce?
I have a bottle of that back north. Son got it for me in Baltimore MD
No, just a dry container of fish pepper. Next time we see them at a rendezvous I'll try to remember to take a picture of it.

This is Wes ( RIP) and Sally... the original owner of the bloody mary box... he's been gone for several years but damn if the tears didn't come back. Alot of good memories though... he knew my wife since she was a little girl.

1000004180.jpg

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky