Billbo's world famous dry rub & BBQ sauce recipe's

Discussion in 'Sauces, Rubs & Marinades' started by billbo, Jun 4, 2009.

1. roller

roller Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Looking over this thread its amazing how many of these members do not show up anymore....

2. 1beezer

1beezer Smoke Blower

Is granulated garlic and onion the same as garlic or onion powder?

3. kathrynn

kathrynn Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Kindof Sortof......I have both...and for smoking foods...I like the granulated better!  IMHO

4. Billbo's world famous dry rub & BBQ sauce recipe's

WOW I just saw that recipe for the first time. Will try both of them. This forum is like a Florida beach after a storm and I  got a new metal detector.  Just dig around,you never know what you gonna find.

5. Just put the pork in the smoker using the rub, and sauce is on the stove!!!  Looking forward to this with all of the great reviews!!  (First time smoking a pork butt!!)

6. 1beezer

1beezer Smoke Blower

Well, good luck with that :)

7. just wanna say thanks for the recipe making this sauce tonight at work and it has everyone ready for me to cook.

8. i was going to try this this weekend, but i came down with a cold. now i have to wait till next weekend......[​IMG]

9. they are hating it in this place i finally finsihed it and everyone was like i wanna try it. just a little FYI its AWESOME thanks again cant wait till i bbq some ribs

10. Save your Money... Coat with Tony's Chacheres .. let sit for one hour.. then coat with brown sugar..let smoke for 4 hrs at 225*... this will knock your socks off..

11. 1beezer

1beezer Smoke Blower

Excuse me. This man put alot of time in his recipes.

tykenn28 likes this.
  12. crvtt

crvtt Smoke Blower

Great rub and sauce, thanks!   Used it on pork butt and going to use it on a brisket tomorrow. 

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  13. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

There is nothing wrong with Tony Chacheries...IF you don't mind your meat tasting like a SALT LICK! There is no Magic in Tony's seasoning, Salt (a Ton of it!) Black Pepper, Garlic powder, Cayenne, Chili powder and MSG...Nothing Special...JJ

14. I prefer to make Emeril Lagasse's seasoning without the salt, I season with salt separately.  Works for me. Be careful, without the bulk of the salt, a little goes a long way.    BAMM

Ingredients

2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
    2 tablespoons salt
    2 tablespoons garlic powder
    1 tablespoon black pepper
    1 tablespoon onion powder
    1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
    1 tablespoon dried oregano
    1 tablespoon dried thyme

15. jmud

jmud Meat Mopper

Billbo, rub is awesome. I tweaked it and put in a few other secret things. Tried on grill with chicken breast tonight. Amazing. Brisket ordered for weekend, throwing it on there

16. tried both the rub and the sauce and I must say the sauce was awesome, the rub was a little spicy for us but I sure got a lot of compliments on the sauce

17. jackal12

jackal12 Fire Starter

I made the rub tonight and gave my pork butt a nice rub down for tomorrow

18. Billbo, I wanted to thank you for posting that rub recipe. It was fantastic. I made a batch yesterday and just rubbed some on some butts a little bit ago to smoke tomorrow. I like that recipe. Simple, yet has a lot of flavor too and with the right balance of all the other ingredients. Nothing is too over powering. Nicely done. I will be giving the sauce recipe a try some time next week since I already have a batch in the fridge. I will update how the butts turn out as well.  

19. Making it now. Smells great and tastes awesome! On the fence as far as Cost vs bottled. But what the heck... Go big or go home! Thanks for the recipe billbo!!
    3 hrs to go till true test of perfection :)

20. bigjim73

bigjim73 Newbie

Did you get a response for the shelf life?  It is a big batch.