BIG Brisket Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tequiladrum

Original poster
Jun 4, 2007
Milford, CT
I got a 15lb brisket ready to go on the smoker...Anyone done one this big...It's long and thin not fat so i picked it up...I am thinking 10-12 hrs...Just looking for a confirmation on the time so i know when to start the smoke..
Thanks
Tequila!

Its hard to say how long it will take. It is just a flat or a point and flat? It goes more so by how thick it is then how much it weighs. Let us know these questions and maybe someone can give you a better idea on time.

I have done many of them around that weight and 10-12 is alittle short to me. I close "estimate" of time is about 1 1/2 hours a pound so you do the math. I'm old and my fingers are crooked but to me it adds up to 22-23 maybe.

It's both, flat and point...6" at it's fattest down to 2" on either end.

Probably just gonna put it on at midnight tonight, and let it go. When it reaches 180° wrap it and throw it in a cooler until we are ready to eat. ..Not going to eat until 4:00 PM. So that gives me 16 hrs to work with. Better safe than sorry.
Tequila!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky