Big Bite Electric Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

charcoal junkie

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
hoople, nd
Has anyone got any experience with the Big Bite Electric Smoker? At a price of $399.99 it’s kinda high for what seems to not be a very big smoker. But the 5 year warranty makes think it might be worth the money.

I have always respected the quality of the products from LEM. Big Bite is top of the line. However, moving into the smoker arena is questionable. Now, I have failing eyesight but I am not blind. I read through the instruction manual and while the description talks about two heating elements (similar to the SmokeTronix), the manual only briefly referenced one element. I could have missed it because of eye problems. Also, the cabinet looks familiar; similar to one from another company which I cannot remember. But it is hard to argue with a 5 year warranty. Considering that much of what they sell is in stainless steel, and they charge a respectable price for their products, I am surprised that they did not go with a time tested and proven unit from SmokinTex or Smokin-it or even CookShack and keeping it in stainless steel. Just my two cents worth.

I just got a copy of LEM's winter 2018/2019 catalog in the mail, on page 37 it shows the Big Bite electric smoker with a stainless cabinet.

I know all the pictures I have seen prior to this were an all black unit, price is the same at $399.99

Well, color me as one of the first few people to buy one. Our Unit serial # is 035, so not many of these out there? Or, maybe a bad omen! LOL Anyway, it arrived yesterday and putting it to the test today by doing a whole chicken. Should be noted I purchased the non-stainless steel model due to price difference. May have been a mistake, but we'll see. Only concern I have on the unit at this point is that the door seal seems a little flimsy, but having not used it yet, may not make a difference. I'll let y'all know. Second, the manual isn't worth what it is printed on. Very light on information. Pretty straight forward though, so not hard to figure out. I like the placement of the two dampers. Provides flexibility in cooking. No way that I can see to determine if, in fact, it does have dual burners because everything is enclosed. I purchased it because after trying other smokers, still have not found one that both my husband and I like. Purchased this one because its a LEM product and the 5 year warranty. We'll see how it goes!

I have one and it is jun
Has anyone got any experience with the Big Bite Electric Smoker? At a price of $399.99 it’s kinda high for what seems to not be a very big smoker. But the 5 year warranty makes think it might be worth the money.
k and customer service is just as bad Al

Big bite smokers are junk and and so is customer service. I tried to send mine back even before I used it and UPS wanted $275.00 shipping. I asked LEM to send me a return label to save me money and I would pay for it. They said no way. I can NOT regulate the temp on this junk. Also the strips of jerky do not cook the same. Wasted a lot of time and meat. I'm going to try to sell mine on C.L.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky