Bierschinken, mortadella, mettwurst, and more

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Phone update while I sip on a cold one.

Mortadella old school.

Lots of spices in this one

All mixed up after adding pistachios, peppercorns, and fat cubes.

Bagged up in muslin. I see fat and pistachios!

Break's over. Next up is mettwurst.
Sorry I'm late just seen this but pistachios I'm in need my UPS address???
biggrin.gif

Looking good cranky and hats off to you for being a kind neighbor.

Warren

Man what a run of bad luck with the neighbor and your dad hope your dad's doing fine. Boy having to give up the farm is going to be tough but unfortunately life forces us into some tough changes and even harder decisions to make. Hope all works out well.

Got stop reading your post I'm starting get this sausage making fever and I love sausage.

Warren

Thanks all for the well wishes and points.

Dad is on the mend for the incident on Sunday, but we still have a battle ahead of us...

This sausage was very fun to make and will be done again soon.  

HalfSmoked, may as well dive in with both feet, once you start making sausage, you'll never want to buy from the store again.

Right now as we speak or chat so to say I'm making the sausage and pickled eggs from nepas recipe. I'm not sure but I have a kitchen aid mixer and grinder attachment not sure if it has sausage stuffier or not but how good would this set up work do you think??

Warren

Right now as we speak or chat so to say I'm making the sausage and pickled eggs from nepas recipe. I'm not sure but I have a kitchen aid mixer and grinder attachment not sure if it has sausage stuffier or not but how good would this set up work do you think??

Warren

It'll work, but if you plan to make much sausage in the future you'll probably want to get a dedicated grinder and stuffer. For now though, the KA will get you going.

Most of what Nepas posts is good stuff! Looking forward to your creations!

I would like to post photos more then I do but not good at that and rely on my neighbor to help. I have a iphone by apple but that doesn't mean anything if you can't do things with it. I bought it because of the price it was less then $50 where as the old flip type I had before was like a $100 sooo. Thanks for all your replies and help still reading second book.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky