Better valve for upright smokers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

archeryrob

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
Western Maryland
I have a upright gas smoker that is what I use for cooking smoking like a ham, duck breasts when I don't want to go to all the work of heating the smoke house for just one diner.

The problem I have with it is its kind of hot on low. I got to 200° on low and its more like a gas grill you can put a smoke box in. Are there valve replacements I get get to do some low and slow with it and then heat when I am ready?

It just seem very warm for me for a smoker on low. Yea chickens cook good at 350° but they smoke better first at 120° then pushed to 300 - 350

The regulator that came with it is not adjustable. I assume I could change that and order one from Amazon. Thanks for pointing out the obvious. I guess I'll go out in the garage and flip it over and see about the screw connections for it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky