Best Place to Buy Vaccum Sealer Bags

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scpatterson

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 1, 2009
Mcnairy County Tennessee
With all the snack sticks and stuff Ive made lately I am now out of vaccum sealer bags. Where the best place to buy these? I want a bunch and does not need to be food saver brand.

I've had good luck with this seller; elrodharris ( 9469
iconGreenStar_25x25.gif
) on eBay.
Bags work good and the price was right. I'm sure there are other sellers there with good prices/quality; just a matter of sorting them out. This is not an endorsement for this seller (no relationship); have used him and was happy.

I make a ton of jerky. the problem I have found with jerky is you get a lot of shap points that can puncture the bag. I have only found 1 brand of bag this wont happen to. ZIPVAC. the only thing is they are kind of hard to find. Zipvac make a style that has a port on the bag for a hand held sealer and these are not the ones I use.

Most bags I have found have one side that is clear plastic and one side that is re-enforced plastic. The zip vac bags both sides are re-enforced plastic. They are great and cheap. I buy them at Menards. Occasionally They go on sales for 1.99 a roll and I will buy 20 or 30 rolls and that lasts me a while. Otherwise here is a link for them at K-Mart.

Good luck

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_1...0070926x00003a

I would keep an eye on the foodsaver website there Chris. I have found them to have really good sales atleast I think so. I got 5 rolls of the wide 11"x 80'for about alittle under 26.00 with free shipping. They had them on sale and then if you buy 5 you get another 30% off and then well it all came out cheap to me. Good luck

The resolution to your problem is simple and works awesome. First put your jerky in a zip lock bag than vacuum pack it. When it is time to enjoy your snack. Just cut the vacpak bag munch your jerky rezip the ziplock. Toss back in freezer. The extra layer helps keep it puncture proof. This is my Dad's trick BTW.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky