Beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hard to pick just one for me but agree with cptnding cptnding on the standing prime rib roast (bone in). Tied at the top for me would be plate short ribs and whole tenderloin smoked and reverse seared. Just depends on what you're in the mood for.

To me it depends on what I want the end result to be. If I'm after BBQ, then I like plate ribs, often referred to as dino ribs. Boneless chuck roast cooked until it can be pulled just like pork or made into burnt ends. Or beef back ribs which are the beef version of baby backs.

If I'm want something to slice, such as into steaks or roast beef, then it's whole beef rib, also called prime rib or standing rib roast, cooked rare-medium rare. After that, whole NY Strip or whole top sirloin.

As I said, it all depends on what you want for the end result. You can use the search feature here for any of the above terms and you'll find a ton of cooking options...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky