Beef Top Loin roast for my birthday.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nefarious

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Oct 10, 2021
Seattle WA
I got a beef top loin roast, 11lbs, from Costco today to smoke for my birthday this weekend. I haven't decided if I am going to cut it in half and freeze half or cut in thirds and freeze one third. I am leaning toward the third option as I get 4 pieces with end cook and I like mine much more rare then wife. Makes everyone happy. But that's not the question!

How long can I leave it age in the refrigerator uncovered before I smoke it? I am going to spice it very simple, very very light salt with lots of ground black pepper and ground garlic.

I have a recteq and will try to smoke as long as possible at 180*, following a thread from SmokinAl SmokinAl . I will have to pay close attention, I haven't done it before at 180*, and will have to get a general idea how long it will take.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky