Beef cheek

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

natej

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 11, 2017
Victoria, Australia
Strolling through the meat section (as you do) they had some lovely looking beef cheeks on display with the offal.. havent done these in a while and thought why not!

Smoked at 220 - 240 unwrapped the whole way with just a simple SPOG paprika and kashiri chilli rub

Smoked to 203 and sliced for some beautiful beef jelly!

If you havent tried these befors, it is a MUST.. our local butcher keeps them in stock at any given time but even if you had to order them or seek them out, its well worth the effort

Reactions: crazymoon
NJ, I also like to stroll through the meat section BUT I have never seen beef cheeks ! 
icon_smile.gif
 They do look quite tasty though,nice smoke. point

NJ, I also like to stroll through the meat section BUT I have never seen beef cheeks ! :icon_smile:  They do look quite tasty though,nice smoke. point

Thankyou sir! Everytime we head to the supermarket i seem to gravitate towards the meat section haha

Thanks lads, i do agree they are extremely flavorful! Quite unique actually.. definitley a must try Thumbs Up

When I worked for a Walmart supplier, one of our product lines was beef offals.  We once got several boxes of samples, and got to take home the extras.  I took a beef tongue and a couple cheeks.

I marinated the tongue (don't really remember in what) and put it in the crock pot.  Did a carne asada-ish thing with the cheeks on the grill.

I diced the meat, bought some condiments and tortillas and took it to all to work so we could have tongue 'n' cheek tacos for lunch.  They were surprisingly tasty.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky