Beef Barbacoa Taco Tower

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
I made some bomb legit barbacoa yesterday with a rich sauce featuring guajillo, arbol and chipotle peppers. Roll the clock forward and it’s barbacoa Super Bowl feast time. 9 layer barbacoa taco tower. Layers of 100% cheddar shells , barbacoa, fresh cilantro, roasted bell pepper, diced raw onion, guacamole salsa, shredded cheddar and white cheese sauce x 9! Surrounded with some shredded lettuce, tomato, black olive, avocados and a Mexican crema drizzle with some limes. Layer 1 didn’t make it 5 minutes after the pics 😂 Recipe for my barbacoa is here. Only change is use beef broth now. https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/barbacoa.300262/
8CE367C7-2170-432B-A61D-D8A810023B77.jpeg
655B89A5-257A-42ED-BD1C-0651B0AFEA70.jpeg
3BC8A5B6-4CC3-4A64-AFE9-9D235856F39C.jpeg
F1D4B3E4-F19D-488C-99E9-5AE29EC3843D.jpeg
FF027F4C-FE42-4DE0-8885-B46648101E63.jpeg
F7971831-36B6-415A-823F-272095A8FCF5.jpeg
FCC7BA30-20FF-447F-8ECB-88CB2EB19569.jpeg
235A923A-CA1E-4C3F-ADF6-AE214875FFE4.jpeg

Jeez Jeff, every time I think you can't outdo yourself you come up with another absolutely astonishing creation.This one takes the cake far and again. Just an amazing meal. Maybe our friend Travis ( Sowsage Sowsage ) can take a few lessons from this one :emoji_laughing: Superb job my friend...and please keep them coming. I never cease to be amazed by your never ending array of spectacular meals.

Robert

That looks amazing and beautiful! 2 thoughts... how in the heck do you even begin to eat it? And yes the other thought was a visual of Travis, Sowsage Sowsage measuring that bad boy up for a sandwich!

Ryan

That looks amazing and beautiful! 2 thoughts... how in the heck do you even begin to eat it? And yes the other thought was a visual of Travis, Sowsage Sowsage measuring that bad boy up for a sandwich!

Ryan
Haha I’ve gotten that question in a few places I posted it. It’s really easier than you’d think to eat. You just slip a spatula under a cheese shell and lit off the stack. Slap it on a plate and top it with some of the salad and crema. That tower will easily feed 4-8 people. There is about 3 1/4 lbs of barbacoa on it along with all the other goodies. I ate a double and was stuffed! The other big question was on stacking. I used an emptied #10 can to stack inside. Removed at the end to top it all off. I use small cans to make individual salad stacks. I have a collection of various empty cans saved for doing vertical presentations.

That, my friend, is a true masterpiece, huge Like! You photographic skills are equaled only by your creativity and culinary genius, another beautiful piece of work. RAY

Reactions: jcam222
That's incredible Jeff! Great presentation and your photo skills are superb. You've outdone yourself. Excellent job.

200.gif

That is just insaneJeff! Da Vinci is probably pissing in his grave right now after seeing that wishing he would have had a chance to paint it and put it next to the Mona Lisa.

• Haha
My wife asked, "How do you eat that?" My answer of "one layer at a time" just prompted more questions. Soooooo...
Exactly right. While it’s still freshly stacked it’s simple to slide a spatula under a shell and slap on a plate. Top with salad toppings. A little tougher to separate next day but doable and quite delicious, lol I’m eating it for lunch right now.

Outstanding. Saw you posted last night and forgot to read it.
The other big question was on stacking. I used an emptied #10 can to stack inside. Removed at the end to top it all off. I use small cans to make individual salad stacks. I have a collection of various empty cans saved for doing vertical presentations.
I found a stacking kit on a website some time ago. They wanted a lot of money for a can you can get for free

That is a beast of a meal. Feel like u needed people gathered and a ceremony to unveil that behemoth. Big LIKE!

What a great presentation! Putting it together like that...Plain old Hamburg Taco Meat would taste good. The Barbacoa myst have been Amazing!...JJ

What a great presentation! Putting it together like that...Plain old Hamburg Taco Meat would taste good. The Barbacoa myst have been Amazing!...JJ
Thanks! Based on the overwhelming reaction I’ve gotten on it in various groups I belong too I’ve added it to the retirement catering file. Noted that I’d do it with Barbacoa but also ground beef and shredded spicy chicken for lower cost versions.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky