BBQ Pitmaster show on TLC tonight

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nickelmore

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 5, 2009
Lockport IL
I just saw a commercial for a show for a BBQ show on TLC looks kind of neat, never been involved in any competions, So Im sure i'll learn the behind the scene stuff yall go through.

Looks like it is on TLC at 9:00pm cst

thanks for the heads up. I went out and was looking for it to DVR. My wife had the tv on HGTV (imagine that) and I saw a preview for it. It looks like one of those shows that has a cool theme to it (Ice Road Truckers, Ax Men, Deadliest Catch, etc) but then they have to throw a bunch of drama into the mix for all the drama queens watching at home. Not into the drama. I'll take a documentary any day.

But hey, I got it recording and look forward to seeing what it's all about.

lookin forward to it had it marked on the callander for the last month,

hope its as good as the hype

Could be good or bad... undoubtedly, this will start a new influx of want to learn and wanna be smokers. And yes there is a difference in my opinion. It will definitely up the number of entrances into the local competitive scene, which is good or bad, depending on your outlook.

Watching it now. Flipping back and forth from that and the Oregon OSU game. All I can say is that Myron Mixon might be a winning BBQ champion but man, what an A$$hole.

amen brother, if they say ill give you my recipe but i have to kill you one more time ill turn it off

Mixon is an arrogant a$$. He came here to a local comp and got spanked. He was friendly, but is so arrogant...

I don't mind him being a tough competitor, because at that level it really is about winning. I mean if you're driving across the country, it's more than just cooking. It's trying to get a paycheck. But I guess for some they don't give a crap about things like their mouth.

But I will say as someone who works in video production, without a guy like that, there is no show. As viewers we need controversey, we need someone to hate and an underdog to root for.

Who'd of thought it would be an award winning show watching guys "fish" for crab. But it's about the characters more than it is about the content. We're all just watching it from a different POV

But I did hear them mention Smokey D's from Des Moines in the ribs category. Go on hometown boys!

I will agree and disagree, it's probably good for TV but it's also the reason I don't watch American Chopper, I can't stand watching a show when they have to beep every few words

I have met Tuffy from cool smoke-one of the featured guys in this..First comp of year we were right next to him in salisbury,maryland and me and sis were having a blast talking with him and others at 3 a.m. etc...He is a great guy.Myron has been featured in these t.v. things along time now....Never met him,but he does come across as a jerk..

no excuse for mixons attitude if you ask me...,

maybee your right but isnt smoking all about the fun?

i mean the meat is great but the enjoyment and relaxation is making it

Yes that guy Mixon was an arrogant a**. Loved the show. I had no idea one could win so much money from doing BBQ. Would love to do that someday, but I have allot to learn before I'm ready to play with the big dogs.

I like the executive chef kid, the one who got the flat on the way to the comp. Pretty sure of himself, a bit arrogant too. I loved his presentation, a pile of meat and a little sprig of parsley LOL. Came in last on most of the events. When asked at the end if he would change the way he does things, he said no.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Looks like he will be spending allot of money for nothing.

Not when entry fees are 200 bucks minimum and you spend 200 bucks on meat.Add in gas money etc....not for the light budget folks...Most folk get there friday etc....big money even for losers....

This is not enjoyment.......Competition....

I know just what you mean.

So I take it you don't watch Jerry Springer LOL
icon_mrgreen.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky