BBQ in/near Northwest Chicago suburbs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gruelurks

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
Oakland County, MI
I'll be in Chicago 10/14 - 10/17 for Pinball Expo 25 in Wheeling, IL. I have one day to get out and about the city and would love to check out some good BBQ while in town. I'll be down in the Wicker Park area for a bit on Friday, anything worth checking out downtown? I'm taking CTA around town, forget driving unless it's someplace in the suburbs.

Honey1 is closer to Wicker Park, though I understand Smoque is very good too. Tip/link combo (sauce on the side, though their sauce is very good) at Honey1 is my go-to Q in the city though. If you're looking for sides or brisket Smoque is a better bet, Honey1 doesn't do brisket and the Q only comes with fries and bread.

Honey1
2241 N. Western Ave.
Chicago

As for CTA, the Blue Line Western Ave. station is between 1/4 and 1/2 mile south of Honey1.

If I had one to choose it would be Honey 1.

www.honey1bbq.com

I think Smoques brisket is very good, but prefer the spares, tips, and links @ Honey 1 to anything Smoque turns out. Honey 1 is also BYOB with a liquor store located right accross the street. Of course nowdays I prefer the bbq I turn out to either of these spots.

Enjoy your visit.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky