Barbecue beans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

myownidaho

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Nov 27, 2016
Southwest Idaho
I started with the Famous Dave's "Wilbur Beans" recipe and made it my own.

1 28oz can Bush's Original baked beans
3/4 bottle barbecue sauce
1/2 yellow onion diced
1 large jalapeño diced
2oz bacon diced
10-12 oz leftover barbecue or smoked meat. I used some smoked tri-tip and smoked Moose sausage.
1/4 cup brown sugar
2tbsp red wine or cider vinegar
1 tsp black pepper

Brown the bacon, add the onions and jalapeño and sauté until the onion starts to brown.

Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 20-30 minutes until it starts to thicken and the flavors meld.

Thanks, guys. They turned out well. A bowl of these beans and a hunk of cornbread would make a meal!

Hmmmm.... never thought of smoked sausage in beans. I love using fatty leftovers so I may have to try this.

You can use whatever you have on hand. Bacon is a must but everything else is optional. Leftover flat iron steak, basque chorizo and bacon is one of my favorite combos.

I did not. I used another recipe on here, but will try yours some other time.  The main reason is that I had no smoked meat on hand.  I would generally have some frozen pulled pork, but it was so good that it did not last long.  LOL That, the pulled pork, had been the product of my first attempt at smoking and this, thr brisket, was my second attempt.  The brisket came out great too, by the way. Thanks for answering my question so promptly and for your interest.  I love this forum.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky