Bangers and Mash style venison sausage...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
One of my favorite comfort foods going back to when I was a kid is mashed potatoes and gravy. I like it with hamburger steaks, but this time I used venison fresh sausage...Bangers and Mash style...
IMG_20201110_181841.jpg

Awesome. You had me at bowl full of gravy lol

Thanks Jake! I do love gravy!!!LOL!!
Dude! Mashed potatoes and gravy are my kryptonite! I will eat them til I can’t breath. Yours looks great.
Jim
Thanks JLeonard... real potatoes, little salt, milk and butter. Mash with immersion blender. Real simple....and real good. No imitation flakes in my house!!! LOL!!!

Reactions: JLeonard and TNJAKE
Looks great. As said above, if the gravy is good that seals the deal! Long live mother gravy! Nice job.

Where are the Bangers and Mash? The bottom of the bowl of Gravy? Too funny! But, I'm right there with you. If I'm putting Gravy on the plate, EVERYTHING gets covered! Grosses my Wife out and the kids think I've lost my mind.😨😂...JJ

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Gravy time!!!
giphy-1.gif
tenor-1.gif

I love mashed potatoes and gravy, bangers and mash, hamburger steaks and mash, cabbage rolls and mash....the list goes on and on.. As long as its got the gravy im on board! Lol!

We have a mixed plate here.
I've eaten bangers and mash served by Brits on board a HMS cruiser. No gravy.
Got drunk in the pub room of the Chief's mess. That's a side story I'll cherish for the rest of my life.

i love gravy, Wife doesn't do gravy.
Just finished a batch of creamed chipped beef for breakfast this morning.

One of our favorites! I had it growing up all the time. My dad always requested it. He was in the Navy and said that it was ine of his favorite meals. My kids ask for it all the time. They love it too!

Reactions: Fueling Around

I’ve been adjusted BearCarvers dried beef recipe to use a seasoned dry rub and cure #1 on venison, and use that for the cream chipped venison breakfast. It’s excellent if I do say so myself.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky