Bacon wrapped smoked sausages

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smkryng

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 14, 2017
Pretty quick and easy cook. Wrapped 3 packs of smoked sausage links with bacon. Dusted with Delta Legends #5 rub and into the Pit Boss at 275.
7778EE9B-1024-440D-BF54-C777525C6411.jpeg

Turn every 30 minutes or so till bacon is how you like it. Mixed half a cup brown sugar, a tblsp of rub, and enough bbq sauce to wet the sugar. Melted in the microwave and brushed on the sausages.
4BB6BDB6-4FCE-4BFB-9995-D7172F3021EC.jpeg

Let cook for 5 more minutes to set the glaze. Cut into medallions and served with potato salad and fresh pineapple.
B16F3A57-7E11-47AF-8C8D-79CE9C5CE7EB.jpeg
1B96CAA4-9A49-4830-A499-7E82587E6EED.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow ! Great cook. I know that was good . Nice work .
Thanks! I highly recommend the pineapple with this to help cut through all the fatty goodness of the sausage.

I highly recommend the pineapple
Agree . That's part of what caught my attention . I just did some homemade kielbasa , grilled and sauced . Pineapple and brown sugar would be perfect .
Might try this later .

OMG!!!
Once we get back to the NFL, that would be a perfect snack while watching NFL or College Football.
Looks Mighty Tasty!!
Like.

Bear

Reactions: Smkryng
OMG!!!
Once we get back to the NFL, that would be a perfect snack while watching NFL or College Football.
Looks Mighty Tasty!!
Like.

Bear
It sure would Bear. Thanks for the like!

I love bacon wrapped smoked sausage, so hard and time consuming! I will have to your glaze sometime.

Reactions: Smkryng
I love bacon wrapped smoked sausage, so hard and time consuming! I will have to your glaze sometime.
I was gonna do bacon wrapped little smokies but I am not a fan of tedious, repetitive things so I figured I’d cheat and just go full size. Great time saver. I may cut into medallions and glaze in a foil pan next time though for a more even coating.

I did hot dogs using Jeff's spiral idea . Skewer thru the length of the sausage , then spiral cut using the skewer as a stop . Pull it to open it up , season or glaze , then smoke . Pretty good too .

I did hot dogs using Jeff's spiral idea . Skewer thru the length of the sausage , then spiral cut using the skewer as a stop . Pull it to open it up , season or glaze , then smoke . Pretty good too .
Okay that sounds like something else I may have to try. Looks like more surface area for smoke and glaze and would probably help render more of the fat out of the sausages.

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky