Bacon Wrapped Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nate07

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 3, 2017
Fredericksburg, VA
Ok, so I am looking for any input.. I have done more briskets than I can shake a fist at.. But recently my kids said "dad why don't you do a bacon wrapped brisket??" I'm just curious if anyone has ever tried this with any success.. I would think that the bacon would pretty much be cooked to nothing after the time in the smoker to do a brisket.. I am open to suggestions.. Cause we all know bacon works good on pretty much anything..

If it were me, I'm thinking I would cook as usual until after the stall, then wrap in bacon. If wrapped when put in the smoker, you will not get any bark on the brisket. Might be better with a smaller flat that is well trimmed if you ever cook those. Packers have more than enough fat, so moisture from the bacon wouldn't be needed except for some additional flavor. give it a go and post up the results!

If it were me, I'm thinking I would cook as usual until after the stall, then wrap in bacon. If wrapped when put in the smoker, you will not get any bark on the brisket. Might be better with a smaller flat that is well trimmed if you ever cook those. Packers have more than enough fat, so moisture from the bacon wouldn't be needed except for some additional flavor. give it a go and post up the results!

That was my thinking, I feel like the bacon would need to be put on during the cook.. I had just never thought about doing anything like this.. But I have a request from my kids.. They rarely make requests of something I've never tried before.. So my pride kinda makes me wanna give it a shot..

I think I would put the bacon on right from the start.
So what if it turns to dust, it will keep a well trimmed flat moist & give it some bacon flavor.
As a matter of fact I may give that a try!
Al

When I use bacon on a brisket, I put a small slit on one end of the flat about 3" wide. I then cut a big butterfly opening in the center of the brisket making sure not to puncture threw the top or sides. I then put cubed up pieces of bacon in the brisket and cook until finished. This keeps the bacon grease inside the meat.

I think I would put the bacon on right from the start.
So what if it turns to dust, it will keep a well trimmed flat moist & give it some bacon flavor.
As a matter of fact I may give that a try!
Al

I am definitely going to give it a shot

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky