baby backs, steaks, and taters

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

camp_cookie

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
For some reason tonight I had trouble getting the camera to focus; so, the pictures aren't the best in the world.

While the wife and daughter were out of the house this afternoon, I threw on a small rack of baby backs that called out to me when I was in Bently's (a local market). I cooked it indirect in my Weber kettle with Kingsford fuel and Jack Daniel's barrel chips for smoke. My in-laws gave me some rub from Pig Pounda Kappa.

This was my first run at baby backs. They turned out pretty tasty, and the rub had certainly grown on me by the time I was done eating. I am anxious to try it on shoulder chunks (country ribs).

The wife brought home some chuck steaks. I couldn't get a good picture of them, but they had a nice taste.

I also fixed a skillet full of taters. I put the skillet on the stove top with olive oil in it to start heating while I chopped up the taters. When I had the taters chopped, I added them to the skillet and tossed them in the oil and kept them on the stove top for a few minutes while the oven heated. I then put them in the oven with the lid on the skillet along with some salt, pepper, and Hickory Grill seasoning. When they were good and soft, I poured in a little more oil, tossed them again, and then put them under the broiler for a few minutes.

looks like leftovers.send them my way
icon_lol.gif

Your Q views look great to me! Nothing like smackin' yout lips after a good smoke...sounds like you know what your taste buds prefer... congrats.

Good lookin' grub! I did some baby backs the other week in the hang out.... pulled the first rack off , went to get the second rack off - came back.... the first rack was already gone... the smoker was just outside the door....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky