Baby backs on the WSM

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tsonka

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 19, 2016
Wichita, Kansas
Sorry Im not much of a poster ... but I am a frequent reader and outdoor cooker.

I love my Yoder Wichita Loaded, but it is not the best tool for small cooks, such as a single slab of ribs. For that I use my WSM

Did a slab of Baby backs today
IMG_0397.jpg

Trimmed up around 2 am when I woke up for something or other. Coated in a light mustard then covered with a home made all purpose rub

Around 1: 30 I got the WSM out

IMG_0409.jpg

Got it hot and cooked the ribs between 225-250

IMG_0408.jpg

There are 101 ways to cook ribs. For this batch I wanted a sticky sweet coating.

I coated in mustard and rub and cooked for 2-3 hours. Then put on a medium coat of sauce (Sweet Baby Rays + honey + chopped garlic +light pepper)

Cooked until done, letting cooker temp drop from 250ish to 225, then to cool

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

Sorry Im not much of a poster ... but I am a frequent reader and outdoor cooker.

I love my Yoder Wichita Loaded, but it is not the best tool for small cooks, such as a single slab of ribs. For that I use my WSM

Did a slab of Baby backs today
View attachment 412639
Trimmed up around 2 am when I woke up for something or other. Coated in a light mustard then covered with a home made all purpose rub

Around 1: 30 I got the WSM out

View attachment 412640

Got it hot and cooked the ribs between 225-250

View attachment 412641

There are 101 ways to cook ribs. For this batch I wanted a sticky sweet coating.

I coated in mustard and rub and cooked for 2-3 hours. Then put on a medium coat of sauce (Sweet Baby Rays + honey + chopped garlic +light pepper)

Cooked until done, letting cooker temp drop from 250ish to 225, then to cool

View attachment 412642

View attachment 412643
They look very good. I can smell that goodness from here!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky