Arby's Horsey Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DougE

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 13, 2010
Richmond,KY
The grocery store I mostly shop recently started carrying Arby's Horsey sauce in pints. I have used Woebers horse radish sandwich spread as a substitute for a long time, but I think the horsey sauce is better.

1674259192869.png

Arby's horsey sauce is a food group unto itself, much as butter is. I understand Arby's also sells items you can use as a vehicle for the horsey sauce, but straight out of the squeezed paper tub always works for me.
I absolutely love the stuff! I prefer it applied to meat, but I'm not beyond licking up the left over sauce on my plate lol.

Reactions: Buckeyedude
My local Walmarts also have their red sauce which is needed to make Beef N Cheddars at home Haha!

20230117_102018.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Zen
I could frat funnel a bottle of that stuff. Oscar is right. A food group by itself, along with butterfingers. Haven't seen it at my Wally world yet.

The 3 pepper sauce is my favorite. If it was commercially available I'd be all over it

I've searched high and low for a copy cat recipe... and to be honest, Famous Dave's Texas Pit sauce is a good replacement. Definitely open to ideas if anyone has them about the Three Pepper Sauce

I make Horsey Sauce with horseradish paste blended with Dukes mayo.
I love horseradish on pulled chuck sandwiches.
The 3 pepper sauce is commercially available. You just need a small conscience and a large purse. It's in the little squeeze tubes in these parts!
Don't eat at Arby's unless my wife has a craving.
I do collect packets of sauces to avoid purchasing from stores.

I make Horsey Sauce with horseradish paste blended with Dukes mayo.
I love horseradish on pulled chuck sandwiches.

Don't eat at Arby's unless my wife has a craving.
I do collect packets of sauces to avoid purchasing from stores.
So you have to carry your wife's purse as well huh? Me too...but I do it with style! Lol

Ryan

We have Arbys on occasion, IMO it is about the best fast food out there. I too always kept a stash of Arby sauce packets at home. Back around Thanksgiving I was at the store on morning and saw bottles of the red and picked it up.

When I was probably around 13 or so, my cousin who was around 16 since I know he was driving, made way out the side door of an Arbys with a bottle or two.

How timely... I just noticed the Arby's horsey sauce yesterday at the grocery store. I love that stuff. The three pepper sauce is killer also but I didn't see that for sale. A while back Chick Fil-A sauce showed up in squeeze bottles and I couldn't resist. I just wish they came in smaller bottles. I also remember the horsey sauce at the Roy Rogers when I was stationed in Maryland. The food was lackluster on its best day, but they too had killer horsey sauce. Don't think there was an Arby's unless you drove all the way to Waldorf and that was a haul for a roast beef sammich.

Reactions: DougE
How timely... I just noticed the Arby's horsey sauce yesterday at the grocery store. I love that stuff. The three pepper sauce is killer also but I didn't see that for sale. A while back Chick Fil-A sauce showed up in squeeze bottles and I couldn't resist. I just wish they came in smaller bottles. I also remember the horsey sauce at the Roy Rogers when I was stationed in Maryland. The food was lackluster on its best day, but they too had killer horsey sauce. Don't think there was an Arby's unless you drove all the way to Waldorf and that was a haul for a roast beef sammich.
We had Roy Rodgers about a year ago in PA, both my wife and myself felt really crappy after that meal.

I also just had chick fil-a sauce the other day, it just seemed to be like honey mustard.

I gotta check this out at our WM.
We buy Kraft, but am always looking for something better or at least different. Haven’t been to an Arby’s in years.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky