Anyone with experience with a LSG El Patron

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Zarn

Original poster
Mar 16, 2018
I am replacing my Masterbuilt 1050 Gravity Smoker this year. Does anyone have any experience with the LSG El Patron. This grill looks like it can do a lot but I am not completely sold.

Reactions: JLeonard
Relatively new grill so there are not too many out there yet.

If you are not sold, what others are you looking at? What are your requirements? Are you looking for something comparable to the Masterbilt? Perhaps a pellet grill so you don't have to tend fire? Is it the cost of the Patron that is giving you pause?

My view of the LSG's are they are very robust and extremely well built. I own two variants but not the Patron. I do have the AGS which has some similarities to the Patron. By comparison, the Patron is not a sheetmetal grill and is in a completely different league than the Masterbilt. It will require some fire tending, the extent of that will depend on the fuel used.

Meanwhile, in case you haven't seen these independent reviews:

(this gent is here on the forum)

If you are looking for someone to "convince" you this may not be the best place at the moment due to the limited exposure the grill has had to the market thus far.. I suggest you call Chris at LSG. He is a very straightforward gent and will not BS you.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky