• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Anyone tried this stuffer?

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tomolu5

Meat Mopper
Oct 3, 2012
e2y3yguz.jpg

It came across craigslist, new ship to your door for 200. Comes with four tubes and will do 11 pounds. I emailed them, and they gave me their website, butcher baker.com . Everything seems legit, just wondering if the unit is any good?
Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 12, 2010
[h3]tom, morning...... I googled their phone number.... seems they have a store....   don't know about  the stuffer....   Dave[/h3][h3] [/h3][h3]Hobart Meat Grinder parts and accessories  [img]chrome-extension://mkfokfffehp...images/SafeBrowse/sb_safeannotation.png[/img][/h3]
www.butcher-baker.com/
(512) 704-9828  or (888) 704-9828 toll free. Email us at [email protected]. International shipping available on most items. Please email us for ...

Google+ page
314 East Bluebriar Drive  Marble Falls, TX 78654
(512) 704-9828

tomolu5

Meat Mopper
Oct 3, 2012
Thanks Dave, I am gonna call and order it in a little bit here, I will keep everyone posted, and give a review once it comes.

fagesbp

Smoking Fanatic
Oct 23, 2012
I'll be checking back. Looks like a good deal. I will be in the market for a bigger stuffer soon

diggingdogfarm

Master of the Pit
Jun 23, 2011
You sure you want that?
You can get a 15 lb. stuffer from Gander Mountain for the same price.
http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=401088

Anyway...if you go with the Craig's List stuffer ask them if replacement 'o-rings' are easily available and the price.
Some have had trouble obtaining parts for that style machine.
Some folks also dislike the big elbow at the bottom of those, it leaves a lot of sausage unstuffed.

~Martin

Last edited:

shoneyboy

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Nov 3, 2010
Mine is a Weston and looks really close to that one.......

e2y3yguz.jpg

It came across craigslist, new ship to your door for 200. Comes with four tubes and will do 11 pounds. I emailed them, and they gave me their website, butcher baker.com . Everything seems legit, just wondering if the unit is any good?
DDF that is a nice stuffer that Gander Mountain sells.....I would like a larger one, but I don't have the room.........SB

tomolu5

Meat Mopper
Oct 3, 2012
Hi

Digging dog- that does look like a decent stuffer from gander, but I'm not a fan of the plastic gears, or that its only one speed. The unit from c-list is a two speed, all metal gears. The other thing is that the handle detaches, which gives me the ability to make a socket, and back it off with a drill.

So I talked to the seller today, and ordered one. His name was Keith, and he seemed to be a pretty friendly guy. He said that this stuffer uses the same o-ring as the cabelas and gander mt stuffers( I forgot to ask what size) and he was gonna throw a couple extra in the box. He said they have the replacement parts available there and to just call.

I will post photos, and measurements of the orings when I receive it, he said it should ship today.

tomolu5

Meat Mopper
Oct 3, 2012
Oh, as far as the big elbow, I guess I will just keep some ground meat on hand to chase it out with, or make a plunger type tool to push it out.:o

diggingdogfarm

Master of the Pit
Jun 23, 2011
that does look like a decent stuffer from gander, but I'm not a fan of the plastic gears, or that its only one speed. The unit from c-list is a two speed, all metal gears

The gears on the Gander 15 lb. are steel.
Your stuffer comes with 2 speeds, but only one speed is used for stuffing, the other is used just to raise or lower the piston faster.
I accomplished the same thing by adding a steering wheel spinner....no biggy.

The other thing is that the handle detaches, which gives me the ability to make a socket, and back it off with a drill.

The Gander handle also detaches.

So I talked to the seller today, and ordered one. His name was Keith, and he seemed to be a pretty friendly guy. He said that this stuffer uses the same o-ring as the cabelas and gander mt stuffers.

Okay, but what model Gander and Cabela's stuffer? They both sell the models with the funky, expensive, hard-to-find, 'o-ring'.

~Martin

smoking b

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Sep 20, 2012
Mine is a Weston and looks really close to that one.......

Maybe just a different color......Like DDF stated, some people have had problems with finding the O ring....I've had mine for 2 years, I've really enjoyed it and have not had a need to look for one yet, but I dread the day when I do.......SB
Here you go - Weston Products  800-814-4895 part # 73-0516 part description Stuffer 5lb & 11lb Plunger O-ring  That will fit yours & here's for the 7lb model  part # 86- 0716 part description Stuffer 7lb Plunger seal

Dread no more!

shoneyboy

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Nov 3, 2010
Here you go - Weston Products  800-814-4895 part # 73-0516 part description Stuffer 5lb & 11lb Plunger O-ring  That will fit yours & here's for the 7lb model  part # 86- 0716 part description Stuffer 7lb Plunger seal

Dread no more!
Thanks for the information, I will look into getting one just for a spare..............

tomolu5

Meat Mopper
Oct 3, 2012
Well, it arrived today, this thing is a beast. I have only made an initial as assessment, and I write this from my tree stand. Packaging was very stout, and on the surface, everything is as advertised, including the couple spare gaskets the seller promised me. I noticed one defect in the handle, just a casting flaw, doesn't affect operation. The only downside I have seen so far is that the plunger gasket is not an o-ring, but rather a different style, only problem there is getting one made down the road, o-rings are easy to have made, not as easy with this thing.

baconologist

Oct 7, 2012
You sure you want that?
You can get a 15 lb. stuffer from Gander Mountain for the same price.
http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=401088

Anyway...if you go with the Craig's List stuffer ask them if replacement 'o-rings' are easily available and the price.
Some have had trouble obtaining parts for that style machine.
Some folks also dislike the big elbow at the bottom of those, it leaves a lot of sausage unstuffed.

~Martin
Good to know.

I'll avoid that style.

Bob

smoking b

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Sep 20, 2012
. The only downside I have seen so far is that the plunger gasket is not an o-ring, but rather a different style, only problem there is getting one made down the road, o-rings are easy to have made, not as easy with this thing.

Dread no more!
I would be willing to bet it is exactly the same as the Weston I posted above.

tomolu5

Meat Mopper
Oct 3, 2012
I looked at the Weston, and I think your right. Will have some measurements to follow. I intend to do a "review" on it, and attempt to be as unbiased as possible, which may prove difficult since I already named it the hulk!

tomolu5

Meat Mopper
Oct 3, 2012
For some reasons my photos don't seen to be loading
7yby8yqa.jpg

9etamunu.jpg

e8uqe5ur.jpg

smoking b

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Sep 20, 2012
I looked at the Weston, and I think your right. Will have some measurements to follow. I intend to do a "review" on it, and attempt to be as unbiased as possible, which may prove difficult since I already named it the hulk!

Yup a lot of people are surprised at the size of those stuffers 
icon_eek.gif

smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
Clicky