Anyone tried refridgerating their smoker?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tomolu5

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Pittsburgh
Just curious if anyone has ever pulled this off? I have a "beer fridge" that I could bastardize for the cause. my general idea would be to pipe cold air from my freezer into my MES30 to make cold smoking possible in the summer. I would pipe it in the same way you would a mailbox mod, and run a computer fan on a stat to keep it in the thirties. all the while using an amnps for smoke. Im not sure if this is worth the effort(not that much work), or if there is a better way.

I'm thinking once you deplete the cold air from the freezer that it would have hard time keeping up after that.... we'll see what others think ...

I agree that it would not be a great long term solution, but rather a quick hook up with flexible duct to cool off the smoker. Maybe for doing like a two hour cheese smoke or something. I would guess that it should keep up. May be more difficult to get the smoker below 40 for doing cold smokes on uncured sausage, but that can wait for winter.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky