Anyone Own One?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

RiversideSm0ker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 30, 2018
Riverside, Cal

I’m looking for anyone with first hand experience with this thermometer? I recently killed my ThermoWorks TP08 by leaving it in the rain. So I’m looking to purchase a new thermometer. I like that this has two meat probes along with the grate probe. I know there are a couple thousand reviews on Amazon but I don’t have any previous history with them. I would give a lot more credit to the folks here on the list. Thanks in advance if you do have a story to tell.
G

I have almost that exact thermometer. The physical units and thermocouples are very similar, but my model came with 4 probes, not three, and the screen and button layouts are a little different. I think mine only cost a little more, perhaps two months ago. One neat feature is that it came with little plastic gizmos that hold the probe and let you wind the thermocouple wire up for storage, avoiding tangling and kinking of the wires.

I've only used it for three cooks, so can't comment on longevity, but so far I like it. It works well, temps agree with those of the two-probe unit from another manufacturer that I also use. The thermocouples seem more robust, though that big knurled end makes it harder to push through the silicon gasket on the WSM. I suspect I'll be wearing out the gaskets faster. Range is good, haven't tested it at the extreme end, but I can take the remote unit with me anywhere in the house and it doesn't lose the signal. I don't care for the function that let you select a meat and a degree of doneness and then the temp alarms are automatically set for you--that rarely works out right for BBQ, but mine does have a fully manual mode where each probe just reads out the temperature. I still need to take a few minutes with the manual and figure out how to silence all or most of the high/low temp audible alarms, but I know from the little I've read that it is possible to do so on mine.

I have the ThermPro with 4 probes. I live is Seattle area and it has rained every day for over a month. I put the main connected device under a plastic bucket near my grill and smoker to keep water off of it and use the remote to check on the cook. Works well, i have cooked is hard rain with good results.

I have used the 2 probe model for 2 yrs with 0 issues. I get the signal thru the walls and can monitor temps from the recliner. Just wish it had a "low temp" alarm....

Reactions: sawhorseray
I've used this Inkbird about 6 months now. It has worked great. Only minor issue, use extra effort to seat the probes or they won't make a connection...JJ

I feel so foolish for leaving my TP08 in the rain. I have always brought it inside before. It was still going strong after about five years until this. I’m thinking that I will roll the dice and try this brand I’ve never heard of. I love all the suggestions. Thanks so much for responding.
G

I feel so foolish for leaving my TP08 in the rain. I have always brought it inside before. It was still going strong after about five years until this. I’m thinking that I will roll the dice and try this brand I’ve never heard of. I love all the suggestions. Thanks so much for responding.
G
They have excellent customer support.
I would reach out to them

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky