Anyone know what connection this is please?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
they write back now saying

This unit is not designed for a longer hose. The burner and hose assembly is designed to be used with a propane tank only. There is plenty of room for the hose to reach from the burner to the propane tank using the regulator it comes with.

We do not recommend using this any other way or with any other set up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the setup i am now going for is this one here

i have everything ready however i need a 8ft like hose here

now they are saying i cant use one

very confused

Attachments

• B.jpg
    B.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 8
when you write orifice is this what mean ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
i think i have found the new hose i need now, however i still have a few questions

is this really true what i was told we cannot use 8ft or extend our hose because of like safety or something?

also now i have removed our orifice i would like to fit a new one i dont really like the idea of re using the same one as i could of damaged when removing it was also covered with a sealant or something so any chance you know what this orifice is please or a name or something?

Something like this would be easiest if you are just looking for a longer hose, can get shorter ones too

View attachment 455950
This was the BEST advice for someone that doesn't have experience with gas lines and fittings.
That said let us move on.

Length of the hose is insignificant with gas flow. I suspect it more with trip hazard for the safety.

Yes, you should use a gas rated sealant when assembling the fittings. Very low pressure, but a leak is on the dangerous side.
I would re-use the same orifice fitting. The wrong orifice can be very problematic

Reactions: rosra
Oh Rosra my Friend, you are making me nervous disassembling parts on the high pressure part of that assembly. Please put everything back together exactly as you found it and torque the fittings to about 20 foot pounds (except the needle valve). You have oodles of safety margin using a 350 psi rated hose on the downstream end of that red regulator. You can confidently add a 5' extension length between your existing black hose and the part you show in IMG_2429. The very slight effect on flow rate might require you having to open that needle valve maybe a quarter-turn max...it's no big deal.

The vendor is telling you "no, don't change anything" because if you fiddle around foolishly on the high pressure end you can hurt yourself and they don't want to get sued.

But now I do want to ask...why do you want to extend the hose? The setup you show in B.jpg looks ideal for a nice hot wok in a compact space. What are you trying to do?

I'm afraid English may not be your native tongue and we're even using engineering units (pounds, inches) that are strange to you. We want to help you but we want you to be safe too!

thanks friend very kind for you wanting us to be safe i very grateful for you

yes this setup i show you is very nice i wish for this same one

i brought a stainless steel table for our wok burner which i hope can sit nicely inside as the picture i show but for the now our hose i have only 3ft i dont feel it would be safe for having such a tank anywhere near please see video and picture for what i will be creating

I am also changing regulator because i see someone else using our same setup they also changed regulator for the new one i show but like i say tank very close i dont feel for us this will be safe thats why now i wish for a longer hose

yes i can put everything back together but even so i still have no idea friend how any these new hose will fit or extend our old hose

as you can see video tank very close i think for me its very unsafe for this reason i wish for a longer new hose please give your advice

i read everyone reply but i still now very unsure for which option i need for extending our hose

also i believe in other picture b.jpg i show this guy doesnt leave any tank when cooking maybe they only store there because i see very long hose when our one only 3ft

i see the pictures you posted and even i will put all this back together i still now dont really see how all this can fit really to create 8ft or something

please advise friend

Attachments

• ra.jpg
    ra.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
friend are you also saying this one here (new hose.png) i can use if i put everything back together

i brought a new regulator as you can see but if you look at our new hose.png i dont really see how this can fit for our new regulator will i need unscrew black part and after fit our new regulator will this be right please advise friend

Attachments

• new hose.png
    new hose.png
    552.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2387.JPG
    IMG_2387.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2392.JPG
    IMG_2392.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2393.JPG
    IMG_2393.JPG
    159.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2395.JPG
    IMG_2395.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2397.JPG
    IMG_2397.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2391.JPG
    IMG_2391.JPG
    170.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2390.JPG
    IMG_2390.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
friend here are also some other parts i also got when i brought our new regulator

please can anyone let us know what i need now

i checked all pictures everyone post but i still cant seem know how all this can come together

also our UK tank i believe has a different connection compared with USA

very grateful for all advice friends

Attachments

• IMG_2458.JPG
    IMG_2458.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2459.JPG
    IMG_2459.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2460.JPG
    IMG_2460.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2461.JPG
    IMG_2461.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2462.JPG
    IMG_2462.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
This was the BEST advice for someone that doesn't have experience with gas lines and fittings.
That said let us move on.

Length of the hose is insignificant with gas flow. I suspect it more with trip hazard for the safety.

Yes, you should use a gas rated sealant when assembling the fittings. Very low pressure, but a leak is on the dangerous side.
I would re-use the same orifice fitting. The wrong orifice can be very problematic
Any pipe dope/ thread sealant will be more than sufficient.
In the pipe trades we normally use RectorSeal #5, RectorSeal Blue Magic or Laco Slick Tight....all can be found at Lowes or Home Depot.......any thread compound will be fine you can buy a small tube for $4-$6.00 at your local hardware store.
You just paint it onto the male threads a little goes a long way you don't need to goop it up with a lot of sealant.

Once you get it up and running use caution if you ever need to change out the fuel tank. Always turn off the gas with the valve on the tank then bleed off the line pressure/ meaning open the valve closet to the cooker to bleed off any pressure in the rubber fuel line before disconnecting the tank. I've seen more than a few people get burned because they didn't bleed off the fuel line before disconnecting the tank. All it takes is a static charge caused by the metal wrench on the fuel regulator and the gas in the 8" of fuel line....BOOM!!! This is most likely the reason the manufacture does not want people to extend the fuel line. Because the longer fuel line acts like a pressurized reservoir that if not bled off correctly can cause fuel to spew out and cause a flash fire.

Another thing is when you turn your propane or natural gas tank on only crack the tank valve 1/4 turn. You won't get a bigger flame by opening the tank valve more than a 1/4 turn. And in an emergency situation it's a hell of a lot easier to reach into the flames to shut the fuel source down with a 1/4 turn than trying to turn off a valve that is opened fully. You get zero benefit from opening the tank valve more than 1/4 turn.....ZERO!!!
Be safe and always bleed off pressurized fuel lines before trying to disconnect them.

Here is a quick video on how to apply thread sealant.
Just don't get any in or on the end of the pipe threads or you might clog the gas/fuel orifice.

You don't have to go stupid crazy tight when you make up the threads just go snug than a full turn after snug. Use your judgement tighter is not always better when you're dealing with brass threads. Just get it tight than a few more 1/4 turns.
If you need any help let me know and I will try to walk you through it. I have 38 yrs in the pipe trades UA Local #38 Plumbers & Pipe Fitters union out of SF.

Best of luck too you.
Dan

thanks very very much i read everything you write very good advice dan you are very good for all you write i am very grateful for you

i already turn off our gas from our tank-end first i let all gas run completely dry after every use out of our hose

yes i will look to buy the sealant same one you recommended

however before i can do anything i will still now need our hose for now im still very very confused for what i need or which one i looked new hose.rb picture but i dont believe this can fit without some like kind of new adaptor

because our tank for UK fitting is not the same as a USA one

Attachments

• new hose rb.png
    new hose rb.png
    552.7 KB · Views: 2
the only one i can get local is this one will this one be good ?

Attachments

• 718dAwk6SmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    718dAwk6SmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 9
whats your opinion here everyone?

i know this guy is using 350psi hose high reg and i know he removed original reg and after fitted a new one

i know myself this is very unsafe because he never used any sealant only cheap tape

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    421.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    576.2 KB · Views: 8
That tape looks like Teflon tape and is also used on gas line fittings. It is also used for hydraulic hose fittings that can reach several thousand psi. No matter what you use for sealing your gas lines you need to check for any gas leaks on your fittings.

Ryan

Teflon tape for gas is yellow.
White is not gaseous rated even though people have mis-used it for years. Tired of how many times I hear "just double wrap the tape and you're good."
Never used LA-CO Slik tite but it is a gaseous rated all purpose thread sealant.
I use Rectorseal #5 on metal and Rectorseal Tru-Blu on plastic.

Your "new hose" image is the Type 1 (QCC) which I quess must be a US thing. Appears the brits stayed with the pol which is male on the hose end into a female on the tank with left hand threads.
Somewhere in your posts is the converter from Type 1 to pol

thanks

yes the new hose rb.png i can get but if i am being very honest i am still very unsure for what other connector i will need

only one i have is a US TO UK adaptor and also the other one that came with new regulator

i just really need be 100% sure before i can order anything because i am UK based and our shipping will not be cheap so i dont wanna get anything wrong

i still cant believe no one around here are selling anything like this i checked everywhere and already emailed a lot people but no one knows anything here as its a US part i believe

Attachments

• IMG_2460.JPG
    IMG_2460.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 3
sorry if posting in wrong area

i have been looking for weeks now and i cant find any info for this

all i wanna know is what connection this is or where i can buy a new one or how i can extend our hose as its only around 3ft

any help really appreciated

i did ask manufacturer but really havent been any help and now im really not sure where else i should check

cheers

How about this?

JC

Oh Rosra, you have bought many parts. Please don't buy any more. JC is now suggesting you consider 3/16 copper tubing. Let's not go there.

The larger part you show in IMG_2460 is an adapter from POL to QCC1. QCC1 is the new USA fitting. You don't need wrenches, only fingers, to make or break the connection, and most important it is normal right-hand thread so if you aim your hand away from your body and turn right, it tightens. (Righty-tighty, Lefty-loosey. Get it? Funny!) The older POL fitting is the end with the black O-ring. It is one of the few things in life that are left hand thread. So it tightens when you think it might be loosening, which is a very dangerous thing to NOT know in pressurized explosive gases. YOu'll note there are 6 little grooves cut in the hex nut on the POL fitting. That is the reminder that it's a Left hand thread.

Your "new hose.png" and "IMG_2390.jpg" parts have QCC1 fittings. You will find they fit with IMG_2460. Do you have a propane tank handy like your country uses? Try to see if your part in IMG_2460 will screw into it...remember POL is LH so it's opposite direction. If it does, great! I'm hesitant to say for sure it will because, although the pictures in screenshot_1.png and screenshot_2.png look like a POL fitting, the hex nut on the regulator does not have the normal grooves cut into it.

Assuming your country's bottles are POL (I think so) then use the part in IMG_2460 to screw into the bottle. (Remember that's the weird direction thread.) The o-ring makes the seal, so no tape or dope on the threads please! Then screw extension hose "new hose.png" into it. Then screw your 10psi regulator, needle valve, 3' hose, and orifice (what's shown as an assembly in IMG_2390.jpg) into it. Those are QCC fittings--no sealing the threads on those either. Then the end of that goes into your burner. Before opening the tank valve, verify the "new hose" is rated for >250psi. Propane bottles have pressure relief valves set for 250psi so anything on the high pressure side of the regulator must hand that much pressure safely. That's why I suggested the extension hose on the low pressure end, right before the orifice, but someone else advice got taken so we'll make that work.

I hope you can get your money back for all the other parts.

Reactions: indaswamp
thanks for your very detailed reply i read all although i dont really know all the words you use but i very grateful for you

so for now all i need really know is what item i need for completing as i still now have no 10ft like hose which is now what really need

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky