any one try buffalo steaks yet

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jetwrench34

Original poster
Dec 22, 2009
thinking of doing buffalo steaks any idea on temp i should go to or any other help u can give going to be first smoke so fingures are crossed on this lol

Buffalo steaks are great. I would put then on a grill and cook them the same way you cook a beef steak. Same temps for rare, med rear etc. The have a similar texture to beef but I think a much better flavor and a little less fat.

Yes they are cooked just like beef. In fact you can get beefalo which is a cross between beef cattle and buffalo. It is supposed to be far better for you because it is leaner than beef.

If your getting them from a local butcher pick his brains. I was given a roast to try quite a few years back and when he gave instructions on how to cook it I gave it away. Am curious on how yours turn out and what ya did.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky