Any issues with smoking a boston butt and jalepenos together in the smoker?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

micklouie

Original poster
Jul 31, 2010
Asheville,NC
Wondering if the butt or the jalapenos will take on favors from each other? I heard some things that a clean smoker for the jalapenos is important since it could take on any stale flavors from the smoker. I would appreciate any tips. I wanted to try and make some chipotle peppers this time.

Thanks,

Mike

Never had a problem with jalapenos in any of my smokers. I wouls smoke em right along side the butts (not as long though) and then chop em up and put them into the pulled pork..

Do it all the time. I can't remember the last time I smoked something & didn't have some ABT's in there too.

I do it all the time smoking side by side I've never had an complaints. You may have a transfer of flavor if you smoke them one above the other.

Big problems...ohhh yeah...

It changes your body chemistry and you age very quickly...

Dont think I am serious??

Look at Smoking Als pic real close...He is 34 years old..

Hahahahahahahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahahhahaha

Craig

Big problems...ohhh yeah...

It changes your body chemistry and you age very quickly...

Dont think I am serious??

Look at Smoking Als pic real close...He is 34 years old..

Hahahahahahahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahahhahaha

Craig

I'm really 35!  
cool.gif

icon_cool.gif

You won't have any problem unless you put them in at the same time and don't take the japs out after about an hour and a half. Now that might cause a problem.

Jalapenos never bother mine, but I hear some butts are more sensitive than others...
nana2.gif

seriously though never had a problem with either. 

I foresee some jokes on this thread for some reason.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky