Anthony Bourdain travels to Panama'

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

coyote

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
Tonight at 10pm on the Travel Channel, Season 6 premiere – Panama: Anthony Bourdain travels to Panama for a taste of local food and culture.

So what kind of foods will the natives cook up. Conejos, iguanas, ceviche, patecones, sancocho, smoked sail fish?

Thanks for posting this! I love his show, need to set up the DVR when I get home tonight. Some of my favorites were shows of his in south/central America -- lots of beef being cooked over wood!

Oh, the days I spent in Panama. Had some good times in that country. Need to watch this one.

I used to watch it all the time. Then he started getting snotty about stuff and turned me off. My favorite episode was the one where he was on Ted Nugent's ranch. It was awesome watching Ted control all the conversations. Just shut Tony down. Only guy I've ever seen that could do that.

Dude -- I know what you mean about his attitude. I go through phases watching it, because it's interesting to me to see the different cultures through food. His attitude though....can be a bit much. I try to chalk it up to being his "shtick" -- it's what he does that makes him unique. But I can only go along so far...and end up tuning out after a bit.

I did catch that one with Ted Nugent -- it was very good! You knew those two are from different worlds -- in so many ways, and like you said, Ted ran that show.

there is some great fresh food there. and the fun I had there. I can hardly wait to head back.

Ill try to watch, if not DVR. I like this show, and the places he visits, like the episode in the Phillipines, Japan, & Viet Nam from last year I think.

I like Tony, seems like he would be a cool dude to sit and bend an elbow with. A bit of a curmedgeon, but I like him.

WOW! 6 Tons of cocaine in 42 days? what amount must sneak by?
and they talked about Corbina, and even pannned the camera towards some fish. the camera dude needed a guide also. as the fish he viewed were spanish mackrel.they never did show a corbina.
and the food the indians cooked over burning wood taste smokey as the water ect boil in roll the smoke under and leeches some of the flavor in to the dish.excellent.lol.

watched maybe a 1/2 hour, that fresh seafood market looked really impressive, and those ceviches they got at the market looked great. The ones from the restaurant they showed right after the market segment really didnt do much for me.

It was good. I loved eating the fresh seafood there everyday. We would head downtown Ciudad de Panama every night. Great time, thanks for the bringing back the memories.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky