Angel Food Ministries

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jjwdiver

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 5, 2010
St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands
Not sure if many of you know about this. It's a national organization with local ties, that provides food at a reduced price. It is something that is not limited to a person's income (doesnt matter what your is) but its a great way to suppliment on the groceries, or help out someone less fortunate. Go to the link, look it over to see whare your nearest place is. Check out the food options and perhaps get involved. My wife says consistently the signature box is well over $60 worth of food for $30.

http://www.angelfoodministries.com

I do it every month and buy 2, sometime I get selfish and keep 1, and other times give both away. The people running the local one here say spread the word - the more that buy the better prices and option are for the many!

Our church is a distribution point for Angel Food. I can personally say it is good quality food that is very affordable. Who can't use a way to save a few dollars? We're getting a produce box this month...

It is the best feeling to walk up to a house where you know the people inside are in some need, ring the bell, hand them a huge box of stuff and say - "got a note from an angel that I was supposed to deliver this, enjoy and have a wonderful day". Turn around, walk away smiling and wonder what their conversation is for the next hour.

Personally I stalk the family first so I kinda know them - not really a random thing. I'm nice sometimes, just dont want to get shot if you know what I mean!

I've used this in the past, and the center that we went to quit doing it. The wife and I were just talking the other night about starting it back up. It's a good value, and good food. The church we went to said the same thing. They WANT people that don't NEED the box for financial reasons to buy them, as the more they get, the better deals they get to help people that do really need it.

I did think I heard that they were in some sort of controversy, though. That was why the church we got ours from quit distributing. Apparently, it was financial stuff, all I can find cites "financial irregularities."

I don't want to turn anyone away from them (like I said, they're good value, and for a good cause), but just wanted to let people know what I had heard.

That being said, several things are looking good to me on this month's menu. Might have to get the sig. box, the grill box, and the produce box!

Ordered from em last night, looks ta be a perty fair deal. Got one right here in our town what suprised me! Lookin at the senior dinners fer my mother. Like the idear all she has ta to is warm em up.

Keep thinking the senior box might be the right thing for my 91 year old grandmother.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky